Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
My issue is street legal. HIDs installed aftermarket are illegal on the road but most cops probably wont bust you for them as long as your are not blinding on coming drivers.

Which is why I was thinking just 55 watt HIDs for the high beam and not do anything to the low beam.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Out of curiosity, why would we need a hi and low with hids? Why not just run 55w on both?
Good question,

The difference in the lenses from hi to lo. I found the 55Watt bulb made little to no difference when installed in the lo side of the commander and maverick. However on the Hi side the 55Watt bulb was outstanding. It saved you some money plus some wattage drawl on the stator.

I still sold a 4x55watt and 4x35 option but recommended the 2x35 plus 2x55 which is/was optimal.

·
Registered
713 Posts
My issue is street legal. HIDs installed aftermarket are illegal on the road but most cops probably wont bust you for them as long as your are not blinding on coming drivers.

Which is why I was thinking just 55 watt HIDs for the high beam and not do anything to the low beam.
That would be a good option.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
There is legislation in Michigan that is being proposed to make off-road vehicles converted to street legal illegal. If that happens then I will do 35 watt HIDs for low beam as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I run HIDS in my low and high also and even in my truck. I've had a lot of experience with HIDS. Sounds like to me it's ur ballasts it could be that. You might want to buy another set and try that

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Here in Alberta lots of people that don't want china go with beamers , I don't know where they are made but they are popular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

21 - 27 of 27 Posts