Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you usually use? and What does the eco mean in Low?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Read your owners manual :smile: It really depends on your terrain and how your vehicle is equipped. Slow technical riding, extreme ascents or descents, mudding, rock crawling, towing all would be best in Low. Most anything else I would say use high. I leave mine in sport mode……the eco mode makes the throttle less sensitive so if you are on really bumpy terrain, your not chopping the throttle and bucking the vehicle. It also cut back the power…...

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you put the machine in LOW it says eco and the switch has no control over that still.. In high the switch with control it in and out of eco

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Can Am did that by design…..don't ask me why. If you use low gear a lot, look into getting the "Sport Low" mod. It overrides this and lets you have sport mode (full power) in low gear. The most popular "kit" is sold by Arcticbomb. You can PM him on here or do a search on eBay for "Maverick Sport Low" and it will show up. He makes a switchable and a switch less version. The switchless version lets you control it by the OEM sport switch. The switchable version has it's own switch for just the sport low…...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yep……and you get the same display in high gear if you turn off the sport mode.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
o wow I already figure this out.. Its all about the range switch... Ill just throw together a plug in harness that changes the Seen voltage from the sensor.. Simple Anyone want a kit for less than all the rest =).. $90 bucks ???

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Here is all you need to do if you want to do it yourself….

Sport Low Override.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yup….

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hope this works in the 14

·
Registered
46 Posts
^^^^^ This Works flawlessly. This is the exact diagram I went off of. Less than $5 at radio shack for the diodes. In stock even.

FWIW those are resistors (1.5k ohm and 680 ohm) What this diagram is doing is just creating a voltage divider. Diodes block current from only one direction. Resistors restrict the flow of electrons.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OOOOOO man you guys are going to love this.. I have a pig tail you can plug in with NO SWITCH and everything works and NO ECO mode from transmission range =) even cheaper.. Plug n play NO SWITCH for $50 each! Ill throw some pics up tomorrow evening too tired now =)

·
Registered
227 Posts
OOOOOO man you guys are going to love this.. I have a pig tail you can plug in with NO SWITCH and everything works and NO ECO mode from transmission range =) even cheaper.. Plug n play NO SWITCH for $50 each! Ill throw some pics up tomorrow evening too tired now =)
nice!! so i get my full power in reverse?? if so im in!!!

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I could build one to also work in reverse but don't they all have the over ride switch for reverse?

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
128 Posts
Why would you want 100% power in low? Wouldn't a decrease in power be more beneficial for what low is intended for, ie technical driving? By the way hook me up with one of those switches wicked :)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Why would you want 100% power in low? Wouldn't a decrease in power be more beneficial for what low is intended for, ie technical driving? By the way hook me up with one of those switches wicked :)
It's not like granny gear in your pickup. It still drives fine but revs out around 45mph. It is easier on your drive train and CVT as well…..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts