Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

My husband and I currently have our Rzr for sale and going down the CA rabbit hole. We don't do any desert riding - mostly woodsy trails, old coal trails, mud bogs and some paved riding. Currently deciding between 64" vs 72". Having a hard time choosing between the X3 RS and X3 DS, and what the differences are besides the width.

And a pic of the pile we are selling

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
There are quite a few people who can give you advice on what machine for your particular type of riding.

Good luck on the sale.

Tim

·
Premium Member
9,968 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Pile, yeah that's a good as name as any! The 72" model does have the better shocks, and more suspension travel. Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome! Hopefully you find a ride if you're not into speed. look at the Defender lots of good UTubes review Im thinks of adding one with the HVAC cab, low MSRP compared to our X3

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am in NE Pa. I also am going the Can Am route and have just sold a RZR. I am picking up the Maverick Sport 1000R today for the trails around here. My 2015 RZR XC rode rough. I am hoping for a much better ride with the Mav. My lower back issues don't help but I gotta ride. Where in Pa. are you?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I also run trails and logging roads. I bought a 2020 xrc RR.

As far as suspension the xds and xrs are worlds apart. But all the suspension in the world doesn’t do you any good if you can’t fit down the trail.

I’m a square peg round hole kinda guy so I just went with the 72 and yes there are lots of places I wish I was narrower. But I also do lots of gravel roads, ditches, fields and winter snow riding where the extra clearance, stability and suspension make it worth sacrificing some trail mobility.

Keep in mind, many people go aftermarket wheels and tires eventually. Many of my riding buddies who cautioned me with going to 72 over 64 then went ahead and put on 5+2 and 4+3 wheels... which put them at around 68-70 anyway.... and still the same clearance and suspension travel.. so what was really gained besides having more wheel options? They’re literally within 2” of my width... but I digress.

But again, it’s a decision many people wrestle with.

Good luck and welcome. You’ve already done one thing right and that’s ditch Polaris, although these machines are another can of worms. My rzr was a complete POS tho and I sold it with half the miles I’ve put on this machine problem free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts