Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if you MAX owners could tell me how your MAX compares to the rzr 4 900 and a newer jeep. I know how both handle but have not yet had the opportunity to drive the Max and it is still an option at this point. I have gotten mixed reviews so far on the capabilities of the MAX so far on this site. Please keep in mind that I'm not the biggest fan of the sand having owned sport quads in the past. I want the most versatile vehicle out of the three, wildcat 4 is not an option. I would like to know the turning radius, how well it rock crawls keeping in mind that I am impressed with rzr 4 ability having climbed Poughkeepsie trail on the alpine loop in silverton colorado. I did this with a rubicon as well but thought the rzr 900 took it a lot easier. Keep in mind I know the pros and cons of sxs vs jeep so in other words I more concerned with off road capabilities. And inform me if you think the max does switchbacks as well as the rzr 4 which I thought handled them well. I would also like to know if you have had any problems with getting high centered. After all the MAXes wheel base is a little longer that the rzr 4. I have already sat in a max and know the ergonomics blow the rzr out the door. thx

·
Registered
136 Posts
Right now the power is equal to the xp4...hi altitude weights are on back order until November, I am only getting 7000 rpm at around 9000 feet. Last night it seemed like it was starting to max out at 6850 will know more this morning. I have about 170 miles on mine now all in the woods here in sw Colorado. Ride wise there is no comparison the max just rides good, could be it is 400 lbs heaver than an xp4. Running with a wildcat and a couple more xp4s today so we will see how they compare. The Eco mode in low is a problem.....but one that will be fixed as soon as I get the recall on the clutch bolt done next week.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
you have a recall on the MAX????????? I thought all those come fixed, free of the recall..i have no issues in rocks and trails which is what I mainly ride. no problems here, clutch or anything else at this point, not even a belt issue...AT THIS POINT!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts