Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I've been riding at the dunes for the past 7 years on a yfz450r. I recently sold it and am looking at a 4 seat can-am maverick. I have a 3 year old that enjoys riding, so the plan is to have her ride with us.

I'm mainly looking for power and reliability (aren't we all?). The majority of the trips will be to the dunes, with the rest camping/trails. With that being said, I was looking at the MAX X DS Turbo RR. Any advice on where to look, what to look for, or even if someone has one for sale that hasn't posted it yet, is appreciated!

Would it be cheaper and close to as effective to buy a different model maverick and tune it instead?
Not sure on budget yet, but hopefully not the cost of a 2020 price tag :(

AZ Resident

Just doing some research before pulling the plug on one!

soon to come...

·
Premium Member
9,351 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Where to look depends on where you live. There are better deals in AZ, than in Cali, IMO. X3s are pretty reliable, just like every other manufacturer, they have their weak spots. Lower a arms need a taco kit, or aftermarket chromoly arms, especially if you're in the dunes a lot. Wheel bearings need some grease. Just read up on here what members have done. You still might be able to snag a '19 X3 Max, but you would have to look around. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I apparently didn't save my first edit. AZ. I've got some reading to do. There seems to be some 2019 options here in Phoenix.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Best deal will be on a 19

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can am has discounts running right now I think on 19s. How much depends on model.

Search the forums for any questions. Almost everything from soup to nuts has been covered by someone. And don’t be afraid to ask questions if you can’t find what you’re after. Good group here. Helped me with my decision.

I came from a rzr xp 1000 and to be honest you couldn’t pay me to buy another polaris with the issues I’ve had. I’ve got almost 300 miles on my 3 week old 2020 xrc rr. And it’s been a freaking blast. At the same mileage I’d already had the transmission and driveline out of the rzr. But I digress.

Whatever model you go with, get out there with your family and ride.

EDIT: As others have pointed out the RRs (195hp) released in the 2020 model year.

Here’s a taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
The rr is a 2020 model. Are you looking for used ? About any dealership should carry what you are looking for brand new

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, didn't realize the RRs were 2020 only. I meant the Rs with the 172hp as well. I was also just dropping in to say hi to everyone and look forward to possible future rides :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can am has discounts running right now I think on 19s. How much depends on model.

Search the forums for any questions. Almost everything from soup to nuts has been covered by someone. And don’t be afraid to ask questions if you can’t find what you’re after. Good group here. Helped me with my decision.

I came from a rzr xp 1000 and to be honest you couldn’t pay me to buy another polaris with the issues I’ve had. I’ve got almost 300 miles on my 3 week old 2020 xrc rr. And it’s been a freaking blast. At the same mileage I’d already had the transmission and driveline out of the rzr. But I digress.

Whatever model you go with, get out there with your family and ride.

EDIT: As others have pointed out the RRs (195hp) released in the 2020 model year.

Here’s a taste.

I keep hearing that about the RZRs. I was going to go with one at first, but it seems that Mavericks suit my style better. I am excited to get them out there. Will probably take it to flagstaff this winter and ill be able to post it up! I keep looking more towards the DS models

·
Registered
334 Posts
I keep hearing that about the RZRs. I was going to go with one at first, but it seems that Mavericks suit my style better. I am excited to get them out there. Will probably take it to flagstaff this winter and ill be able to post it up! I keep looking more towards the DS models
Lemme know when. I have a place up there and a buddy of mine has a house just south of Cinders, BLM land across his driveway. I should be securing mine shortly. But I have to go on this trip to Maui for a weekish. Good luck on your hunt!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lemme know when. I have a place up there and a buddy of mine has a house just south of Cinders, BLM land across his driveway. I should be securing mine shortly. But I have to go on this trip to Maui for a weekish. Good luck on your hunt!

PM Sent :) Look forward to future rides!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts