Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
146.JPG 148.JPG 145.JPG Now that heavysled helped me with up loading photos I will share more of them later. I also have some video after I had the shocks dialed in. More to come.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
sweet

welcome , and I live out in N Peoria !

·
Registered
82 Posts
What did you do on the back end of that thing? My buddy and I spent about 2 hours staring at the back of mine yesterday (well, ok, there might have been a couple of beers involved) trying to figure out how to best use the rear deck. One of the issues I'm having is the plastic fender supports are warping as they heat up, so I ordered a set of metal ones from Alex at CT Racing. But still trying to figure out how to best use the space. Want to get a small bag for tools, towstraps, etc., a cooler, and a couple of backpacks. I've also got a set of rotopax mounted to the rear harness bar, so I lose a little bit of space there.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Greetings from a fellow valley AZ dude! Awesome looking top! What brand is it? Is that rear "wing" available separately, or part of the top? Also, what front bumper is that? Car looks really nice....you can be proud.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I haven't had any probs with the warping of the bars that hold the fenders on but yes they are limited on cargo space. I put two cooler racks in the rear and a PRP tool bag (not in the pic). I think I may do a roof rack that u can remove with a light bar in it, not sure yet. The roof is a two piece roof and then the wing is the tird piece that fits on top. I had the work done from a good friend of mine Justin Smith that owns Shock Therapist (not sure on spelling). He does awesome work with aluminum and also dialing shocks. All around excellent Fabracator!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nice front bumper, Alum?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the bumper is aluminum and the welds are beautiful. I am going to clearcoat the bumper and the rest of the aluminum has already been powdercoated black. 010.jpg Here is a pic after I put the light bar on.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
What did you do on the back end of that thing? My buddy and I spent about 2 hours staring at the back of mine yesterday (well, ok, there might have been a couple of beers involved) trying to figure out how to best use the rear deck. One of the issues I'm having is the plastic fender supports are warping as they heat up, so I ordered a set of metal ones from Alex at CT Racing. But still trying to figure out how to best use the space. Want to get a small bag for tools, towstraps, etc., a cooler, and a couple of backpacks. I've also got a set of rotopax mounted to the rear harness bar, so I lose a little bit of space there.
The heat shields you are referring too offer no support to the rear fenders. Just the small bars at the rear are all that hold them up. Loosen the mounting block and adjust them where you want them and then crank the bolts for the block down tight. Usually what causes them to move is people hanging on them since they have little to no support..... the metal heat shield will definitely help keep them from sagging but isn't what it was designed for....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
The heat shields you are referring too offer no support to the rear fenders. Just the small bars at the rear are all that hold them up. Loosen the mounting block and adjust them where you want them and then crank the bolts for the block down tight. Usually what causes them to move is people hanging on them since they have little to no support..... the metal heat shield will definitely help keep them from sagging but isn't what it was designed for....
I think he is saying they are melting, and sagging and would like to replace them with CT racing metal ones.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think he is saying they are melting, and sagging and would like to replace them with CT racing metal ones.
I re-read his post....I think your right...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Heavy and Andy - you are both right. Bascially, I was looking for an excuse to replace the plastic with Alex's cool looking ones. The warping of the existing ones just happen to be the convenient excuse. I'm still trying to figure out if Can-Am set out to make the back shelf as un-usable as possible. If so, they succeeded beyond their wildest expectations! I love the look of it, but seriously, they could have made this easier. I suppose my radius cage that extends back there isn't helping things either, as it makes access to the rear area a bit more difficult. Or my spare tire hanging off it. Such problems….. Other than that I absolutely love the machine. So glad I sold my old Tomcar, although that was a nice machine in its own right too….

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
always good to have an excuse to get the next upgrade :wink: But seriously, we all want the best of both worlds....the Maverick was purpose built as a sport machine...... but we all wanna use it for everything to include trail riding etc....it just happens to be great at just about everything. A sport ATV wouldn't have all of the storage you would expect from a utility or trail machine either.....

With that said, there is a lot of wasted space back there. If someone redesigned the exhaust lower, you could put a pretty deep cargo/trunk area back there...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
when I first looked at the max, I thought....wow, almost no storage anywhere...move forward a month and I have it down. in fact I have more storage than I need, coolers, tents, sleeping bags, winch supplies, tools and tons of them, belts, bear spray2, papers and maps, food storage, extra battery, etc... by the way anyone know where you can get a map bag to put on my roof to store maps in, like on the commander limited

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya the trays look cool but do get pretty hot. I think I am going to have a tubular style cooler rack made for both my coolers so that when I go through the whoops at 50mph the coolers don't move and flip up side down.... But yes deff need some heat sheild. I wish there was a little more storage but I think I may do a cargo rack of some sort so that I can carry a few more things. We will see the sky's the limit if your wallet can handle it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks man it is still a little work in progress but it is looking good. I sure love how it rides and my buddies do to. I have sold 3 of my friends on the Mav Max and they are buying them up!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts