Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 XRC, Fixin to install a Triple X front bench seat.

looking for Tips, tricks, and pics, Installing the seat.
Where and what all needs to be cut out?
what did you do to cover the cut out areas?
etc,

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Been looking at that seat as well . I have a bump seat but as fast as he is growing it won’t be long before it will be uncomfortable for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Well, my first question is how does the main harnesses mount? Are there slots in the side that I'm not seeing, for the inside mounts? How does the middle harness mount?

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Very interesting. Never knew of a front one. I'm looking at the rear version but don't like modifying the center console due to my comms system. Still on the ropes about pulling the trigger.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Never knew they existed? Looks like you’re going to have to butcher your centre console? And how in the... do you use the sliders? And getting it in high gear, looks tricky. Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, my first question is how does the main harnesses mount? Are there slots in the side that I'm not seeing, for the inside mounts? How does the middle harness mount?
The driver/passenger seat bottoms raise up and there are slots for the inner buckles. the middle harness mounts on the same bolts with the main inners.
Hope that explanation helps.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Those seats look super comfortable! You've peaked my interest.

Reactions: SkinnyPedal

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Test fit... still haven’t figured out the details for wiring and buss placements. Also need to rebuild the console lower to cover the coolant lines the wiring.

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Looks good I think your the first to install one here seen pics of the seat but never in the car?

I take it you had to cut out the area on the console where the buss bar and power bar was located? might fit next to the battery pulling the seat might be a bigger PITA to get to now? it seems either way your going to have to extend some wires go forward and mount them under the dash there's a lot of room in front of the tray behind the cover that goes from the dash to the center console? It would be a lot easier to get to the electrical connections there by just popping the side cover on the passenger side.....

"direct bolt in with OE rails/sliders" With some cutting and electrical work and fabricating?

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Test fit... still haven’t figured out the details for wiring and buss placements. Also need to rebuild the console lower to cover the coolant lines the wiring.
Surly someone else has done this.?
Love the little harnesses! Looks great!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Looks good I think your the first to install one here seen pics of the seat but never in the car?

I take it you had to cut out the area on the console where the buss bar and power bar was located? might fit next to the battery pulling the seat might be a bigger PITA to get to now? it seems either way your going to have to extend some wires go forward and mount them under the dash there's a lot of room in front of the tray behind the cover that goes from the dash to the center console? It would be a lot easier to get to the electrical connections there by just popping the side cover on the passenger side.....

"direct bolt in with OE rails/sliders" With some cutting and electrical work and fabricating?
LOL... Truth.

Yes, We cut to area with the electrical, hadn't thought of moving the buss to the front. Thanks for the input.
We have plans to install external battery charging post during the project.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
I would have thought the seat designer would have just modified (raised, widened, or boxed in) the bottom center seat area a bit to avoid any modifications that would be required to fit with the current buss bar location.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts