Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a viper elite winch 5000 wide spool came with winch plate for my 2014 max but I also have the turnkey front chassis brace on which seems to be in way of getting u bolts around frame to go through winch plate. Anybody have this combination and I just got my Baja series bumper from turnkey so I'm looking to put that on as well but have to get winch plate on hoping not to drill holes through the chassis brace to do this. Any advise?
Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
100 Posts
let us know if this fits/works with the pre runner bumper, i would like to purchase the viper in lieu of the warn winch

·
Registered
27 Posts
you will need the correct skid plate and fairlead mount that comes with the baja bumper. if you specified you have a winch it should have come with the bumper

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The winch mounts to the Baja bumper,you don't need a winch plate
Are you sure?. Been mechanic for many years. With the hardware given to me I see no way to mount this winch to that bumper. Any pictures from anyone

·
Registered
446 Posts
The winch will mount to the baja front bumper from turnkey. Just installed one this weekend. I did have to cut on my front gusset plate some to have room for my 4500lb winch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok go in to try again tomorrow. Anything else I should know. Did you mount everything to bumper than pivot the whole bumper in place and secure top two bolts?
Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yes I mounted winch to bumper then mounted it to maverick. Took a floor jack and held it in place while I put the bolts in. Bottom 2 first and then top 2. They took a little while to get lined up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok one more question is there a reason you out your motor/ electrical to passenger side vs drivers side. I see it can go either way?

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's because the cable needs to unspool and spool up from the bottom, if you put it in the wrong way this won't happen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts