Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to all if i am being redundant here, but i have searched and searched the threads and being New to this forum, i may be searching the wrong way.

i have my winch mounted,just need specifics on wiring it now, the best way and cleanest install , remembering i only have 7 hours to this point on this machine so i haven't ever taken apart or really had time to look it all over for dis-assembly.

Any info , videos,pics will be GREATLY appreciated.

it is a 3000 lb Bad Land winch if this helps in providing correct data.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
welcome to the forum.....I don't run a winch so I will not be much help for you here. But there are plenty of folks who do and will chime in to help you out....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Its actually really easy. Remove the front bumper, mount your winch plate and winch. Reinstall bumper. Mount your solenoid. Run your power wires to the battery and terminate. Plug the factory prewire up to your solenoid. Plug your rocker switch into the prewire behind the dash and your good yo go!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome, so not to sound to uh challenged here, where is best place to mount solenoid? to prevent water or dirt damage?
Thanks again for your help....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
it is a 3000 lb Bad Land winch if this helps in providing correct data.
Is that the Harbor Freight winch? I saw that on the flyer today on sale for $99....

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL..yep i have used them for years on trailer and such i got this one for $50 w/ coupon a few months ago....use it till it burns up is my theory... :)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
heck yea.....I bet a lot of folks would be interested in seeing how well it holds up at those prices

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Absolutely, i will post any and all info i have once wired up, i plan to really test it hard while in civilization to make sure it will hold up once out in the trails... :)

since i paid only $50 with coupon i added a $19 2 year warranty on it so i can get it replaced up to 2 years for free.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
good call...

·
Registered
461 Posts
awesome, so not to sound to uh challenged here, where is best place to mount solenoid? to prevent water or dirt damage?
Thanks again for your help....
I mounted mine under the hood. There is a plastic area in the front that it fits perfectly. Mine is a warn though. Can't speak for your winch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts