Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a xrs with 24 hours I took it out about two weeks ago to Dumont for the first time. After about an hour my xrs let out this horrible noise. So I tow it back to truck bring it to dealer they have it for 10 days, today they tell me it has a shredded transmission and its on back order till march. I'm pretty new to the sxs thing I'm not sure if this is normal but that is the whole fucking season down the shitter!!! I have the 4 year warranty. I feel like if its gonna take 4 months I should get a loaner or a new sxs. What are your thoughts or suggestions. I was gonna call brp myself tomorrow. I'm very frustrated!!! Any ideas would be appreciated!!!!

·
Banned
546 Posts
Call brp

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Good thing they are warranting it but that is excessive on the parts lead time. Contact BRP.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hold the dealers family for ransom until u get ur shit fixed,only way I see anything getting done!! jk that is an extremely long lead and u should call BRP

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
on your post on FB there is a guy with one for you

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
contact another dealer and see when they could have it, if still march, contact canam. as for a loaner or new machine, not going to happen most likely.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Seems like most failures occur out in the dunes, lots of stress and heat in the sand. Just wondering if you were in high gear at that time? And when you say transmission, can you elaborate? Belt, clutches, gears....

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is a dumb question. Were you driving like you stole it or were you following miss daisy and doing the breakin protocol? Also were you two or four when it happened?

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
A guy with a similar problem in Mississippi had a similar problem. A dealership had a tranny in stock. Get on can am monsters or the maverick addiction on Facebook and see if any other dealerships have one in stock

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you ride Dumont you drive like crazy or why go? When all else fails for you contact a consumer Attorney, there will be a lemon law issue here with the Maverick tied up that long. I had a issue a few years back when I lived in Cailf with a boat I bought and it was in the shop 11 weeks out of the first 10 months I owned it and to make a long story short I got the boat replaced with a new one. I hate to think this way but sometimes that is the only way to get the problem fixed.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did a proper break in on mav did my 10 hour service at dealer I wasn't even getting crazy I had a 12 year old girl of a friend of mines I was taking for a spin. I had stock tires and wheels no mods was in 4 wheel drive. I stopped to let my buddy go infront of me on a small grade I punched it and it exploded. This is really how it went down however I agree with 928sport I payed 22k with doors and cage if I want to beat the heck out this I should be able to. Thats what they designed for. The fact that I wasn't makes it worse.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
unless you push the issue with the delaership, they are not going to push Can Am. If they don't seem to care to help, I would call Can Am directly and start the dispute.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts