Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting a extra temp gauge. Should I buy a electrical or mechanical water temp gauge? Why and where to hook up?

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
I run a temp guage from day one on the mav n commander along with oil n oil pressure gauge so I know what is going on

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
With a mechaincal gauge, sender probe is usually larger & wiring to probe is covered steel coil which may make it more difficult to mount. Electrical sender is typically smaller & needs a single elec wire to sender & pos (+ ) wire to gauge. Mechanical gauge requires no elec hook up except for back light for gauge. Pretty much personal preference - I prefer elec myself.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Use the sender provided with the new gauge so you actually have 2 temp gauges that work(factory & your new gauge). I ran a oil psi & oil temp gauge on my Commander & plan on doing the same with my Mav just haven't had time to install them yet. I used Autometer gauges in mine.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Im wanting a extra temp gauge. Should I buy a electrical or mechanical water temp gauge? Why and where to hook up?
On the back side of your front cylinder, passenger side, there should be a dummy plug next to your factory temp probe. At least that where mine is on my commander. I went with electric myself. I'll see if maybe I can find a pic.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome will def help with any pics. By time I get home in two weeks this should be a piece a cake with y'all's help ha. Thanks

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I think mine was around 25 at idle on my gauge.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Havent driven it with gauge yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts