Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am planning to upgrade my suspension, by intall long travel kit and lift kit together.

I was searching around found HCR long travel kit and dont konw what kind of lift kit will fit this long travel kit, and I am looking for a 3inch lift.

can anyone give me a suggestion? or maybe someone done this modification already. HCRCan-Am Maverick Long travel kit kind of pricy...

other mod I am getting soon is turbo and tranny upgrade.

thanks alot. thanks for your time.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
You can change the gears in the transmission to get a higher top speed. Some of the desert guys do it but that's the only mod that I'm aware of that can be done to the trans.

You can look at LSR for long travel as well.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I think tranny means clutch....

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks alot for all your input, and for tranny upgrade, I mean primary and secondary clutch upgrade. sorry for the confusion. I might go for the long travel kit first. by the way, what size of the tire I can install on my Mav, what should I be aware of? Kind of new to utv offroad sports, need to learn alot from you experts. thanks again.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Get with areed about tie rods. And yes s3 powersports sells an adjustable lift/long travel set up that might fit the bill. Tire wise u can run any tire u want. With stock suspension the Mav can easily fit 32 inch tires

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I would say that you really dont need the long travel setup. The maverick already has 13-14" of wheel travel and with the riding ive seen up there I dont think its nessecary. If you want it to ride better I can build your shocks to ride much better and you'll still have good lift and ride with the S3 lift. If you're wanting the width you can get a 4+3 wheel and easily be at 69-70 with a 30+ inch tire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts