Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's wrong with this pic?...... ez.jpg The bottom shaft of the motor will not line up with the steering shaft,it's like a bracket is the wrong one or on wrong. Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Cant really tell by that picture. It'll line up if you put it together correctly. The directions are a little tricky but mine fit fine when I got it together the proper way. You may have to start all over. Good Luck.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
make sure all of the mounting bolts are loose and then you can move it around to get everything lined up before tightening it down....

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies.I watched on utube and it said to tighten up all five mounting bolts before putting it in place but it also said to ground it to a bad place so that must be the problem.One other thing is the lower shaft where it comes into the cab.There is a pinch bolt that tightens up the splines,on utube it shows the length of the lower shaft as short as it goes with the pinch bolt tightened,shouldn't it be easier to just leave the pinch bolt out for now?Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks for the replies.I watched on utube and it said to tighten up all five mounting bolts before putting it in place but it also said to ground it to a bad place so that must be the problem.One other thing is the lower shaft where it comes into the cab.There is a pinch bolt that tightens up the splines,on utube it shows the length of the lower shaft as short as it goes with the pinch bolt tightened,shouldn't it be easier to just leave the pinch bolt out for now?Thanks again.
Yea, there are a few things in the instructions and video that can throw you for a loop. I suggest you loosen all mounting bolts as well as the pinch bolts on the shafts. Then focus on getting the shafts on the splines on both ends (don't tighten them). And then manipulate the assembly until your lower shaft goes thru the firewall directly thru the hole in the rubber and then start tightening everything down....that's how I did it and everything went on OK. I did have to tap the upper shaft onto the splines with a mallet as it was really tight....oh and here is where I grounded mine....I used a self tapping screw and drilled straight into the chassis.

photo.jpg

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it thanks...problem was with the 5 bolt bracket,I had all 4 below the frame instead of 2 on top.One more question where is the red/black wire?,I see the solid red one up in the corner.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
glad you got it....the red/black wire is just above and to the left of the sticker with the barcode on it in the picture showing where I put my ground wire...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the help...can't wait to try it out.Go Broncos.....update: well that's done,wasn't too bad.Broncos to the superbowl.:cool2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts