Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market to get some doors coming my way. With so many out there, I was wanting some opinions. I've read a crap load of threads about doors but can't quite make an educated decision without spending a week scrolling through threads... So, here's my questions:

- What's installation like? Do I have to cut anything? Who has the easier set to install?
- Who has the better quality? The last thing I want is a set of doors that are louder than my Mav.
- Best bang for your buck?
- Anybody got a unique design that would make my machine stand out?

·
Registered
112 Posts
The oem doors have no ratles yet after 4hrs.
You have to cut some of the black plastic but it is bugger all and you might have to drill other holes to line up the door.
About an hour and a half to install each side.
The side net hangs inside a little, but doesn't bother me

·
Registered
725 Posts
Seems a lot of peeps dig the BlingStars I went with the UTV Incs for the fact that they are easily removable, and they look good too! Lots of options blingstars are probably best bang for your buck though!

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I choose Turnkey's because of the superior look, open conventionally(which I am used to), perfect arm height
and are also removable. Their mounting is way cool with forward thinking design. Down side is the install which can be a challenge and I'm left with that little nub where the net bar used to connect. I could grind it off I know but haven't yet. I am working on inner stowage bags that double as knee pads as well as an interior pull to open them
I don't think there are any bad doors out there, it's all a matter of style and what suits you
Good luck with your decision

·
Registered
548 Posts
Blingstar doors here. I installed last weekend. It's pretty easy, just some tight spots if you have big hands. It took me about 3 hours to install, but it was out in the freezing cold barn, so that slowed me down a bit. I really like them. They are rock solid and have a nice latch that holds tight and doesn't rattle. I think they are the best mileage for your dollar. Shop around and you can find them for around $450. Seats come out easy with them too.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Went with utvinc here. Happy with my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
806 Posts
My driver side pro armour door barely opens, like it's seized up. Never had any damage to that side of machine or door. Can't grease or remove the hinge because of how it's setup. Anyone have this door and have any suggestions?

·
Registered
548 Posts
My driver side pro armour door barely opens, like it's seized up. Never had any damage to that side of machine or door. Can't grease or remove the hinge because of how it's setup. Anyone have this door and have any suggestions?
Spray some Kroil in the hinge... that stuff will penetrate anything.

·
Registered
162 Posts
image.jpg I had pro armor on my razor. Thought they were the chit until I got the Blingstars on my maverick. Very nice fit and very nice looking. Also the best price out there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love my TurnKey doors, They were not bad to install, they are not Suicide Doors so if your partner forgets to shut hers it will not fly open and bend the hinges. Or tear the door off like my friend RZR did.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Last time we rode my friend rode with another guy and didn't close the door right on his wildcat when he got out. Needless to say it popped open flying through the trail and caught a tree and messed it up pretty good. I hate suicide doors.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Last time we rode my friend rode with another guy and didn't close the door right on his wildcat when he got out. Needless to say it popped open flying through the trail and caught a tree and messed it up pretty good. I hate suicide doors.
I can see how that could happen. The Blingstar latches seem pretty good though. I grabbed the door with it closed and rocked the machine side to side for all my 6'1, 230LB ass was worth and couldn't force it open. It would take out some plastic along with the door if it were to happen with the Blingstar doors on the Mav. Just gotta slam 'em!

·
Registered
171 Posts
In our opinion, you can't go wrong with Blingstar, they make a SOLID door. And we have great pricing on them!

We have had plenty of happy customers with Blingstar doors

·
Registered
668 Posts
UTVinc inc with no issues .

Reactions: sprinks542

·
Registered
162 Posts
Some folks will never get it. Someone doesn't shut a door and it gets tore off by a tree and it's the doors fault.:question:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I've been thinking about doors too and I hope the OP doesn't mind if I throw out a couple more questions of my own. I'm kind of down to the Blingstars vs UTV Inc doors but I'd like to have whichever door offers the most side space. I'm a big guy and when I bought my Mav I took off the side guards that mount from the cage to down near the harness attachment point because my shoulders rubbed on them to much. Does anyone know enough about both doors that they could tell me which doors extend out sideways the furthest? Other than that, I like the price of the Blingstars but those UTV Inc doors sure do look nice and streamlined the way they follow the contours of the opening.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts