Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please take a few minutes and sign this petition to keep our public lands open to the PUBLIC as it should be. It is easy to register quickly and sign the petition. If we don't act places like Johnson Valley will never be available for any of us to ride. The place you like to ride could be next!

click the link below to sign the petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/save-johnson-valley-ohv-area-be-fiscally-responsible-stop-29-palms-marine-base-expansion-keep-public/5r0C7Xw4

Johnson Valley.jpg

I signed #7810 it was easy so please help out! Thanks!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Done # 8194

·
Registered
72 Posts
#8,567

I was under the impression that the military already receive government approval. and that they were only waiting on FAA air space approval. I hope I am wrong and that we still have a chance to save it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm torn on this one. I know the plans the USMC has and they are needed, but there has to be a stop somewhere to encroachement on public lands. There are plenty of places where there is dual use (Military and Sportsman) seems there could be compromise.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is fortunate is that the threshold for a response from the white house was changed on the 15th from 25,000 to 100,000 signatures in 30 days. They got lucky and started the petition on the 14th so they need 25,000 signatures not 100,000.

Getting to 25,000 is looking like a sure thing . I think 100,000 would be mighty tough.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

I ride there from time to time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts