Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to Dumont and was pleased to see most people wearing helmets to abide by the new regulations. However, on a quick camp to camp, or quick cruise, the helmets became quite cumbersome. Is anyone using a smaller, light weight alternative to the full face, motocross style?

Once again, if I am going through the dunes I will wear the safer one. Just looking for a second one for quick, smaller, non-aggressive trips.

I appreciate your help!

·
Banned
546 Posts
Buy a Shoei =)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Get a skid lid. The cheap ones the harley guys wear. They give you a free dot sticker with them slap it on the back and your ready to rock. Personally i would do it a full face in a sxs is to hot

·
Premium Member
8,474 Posts
Just wear your regular helmet. You never know when you will meet up with someone and want to take a ride from there.

I fukn hate it when I have to wait for some a- hole to go back to camp and get something or fuel up.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
So Mike...Tell us how you really feel. :haha:

I personally wear my MX helmet...it can get a bit warm, but what I put inside the helmet is what I worry about protecting.If I lose another brain cell, the other one is gunna get lonely.:crazy:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
2008-skid-lid-original-solid-helmet.jpg

this is super easy still protects ur melon and if ur going camp to camp u can just plop it on your head and go !

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
you can wear this and nobody will be able to say you don't have any balls…

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
bet yet…..you could be a sh*t head!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
gross lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and I have TLD downhill man bike full face helmets. Same as a full face mx helmet and a third of the weight. Kinda pricey tho.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
A super light weight and very cool to wear helmet is the Simpson sider or pit helmet.

·
Registered
309 Posts
We just got my GF the Bell Revolver Evo helmet, it's a modular so the face flips up if need be, and it also has an internal flip down sun visor. Well see how she likes it compared to her MX helmet. Now she won't have to wear goggles, and it should keep her face warm on those cold night rides. I still run my TLD MX helmet.........I wanted to run one of those pit helmets, seems like a good field of vision, but I don't want to have a reason to be pulled over, especially if I've had a soda or two.

·
Registered
175 Posts
As long as your helmet is certified DOT from the factory and not a sticker slapped on the back you are good to go whether it’s a full face or skid lid. Keep in mind all factory certified DOT helmets have the DOT sticker under the clear coat so just simply slapping a DOT sticker on the back won’t work. As always just driving around you may get away with a non DOT with a sticker on it however if you get pulled over that's when the fun begins.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
As long as your helmet is certified DOT from the factory and not a sticker slapped on the back you are good to go whether it’s a full face or skid lid. Keep in mind all factory certified DOT helmets have the DOT sticker under the clear coat so just simply slapping a DOT sticker on the back won’t work. As always just driving around you may get away with a non DOT with a sticker on it however if you get pulled over that's when the fun begins.
Exactly. My Pit helmet has a Skinz over it, so it looks more like a Mx helmet. Just dont draw attention to yourself by being stupid and you should be fine with any type of helmet.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Did you guys honestly wear helmets before the law ???? Don't feel now that's it's a law that it is so dangerous without . Slap on that harley lid and do what you do . Smash the gas !!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts