Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2020 X3 Turbo. I know its the base but I think it will be plenty. I was debating on the X3 or Talon 1000R, but the 0% financing on BRP sealed the deal for me.

I have the RF Audio Roof, and 1/2 tinted windscreen that the dealer installed.

I'm thinking next mods should be 4pt harnesses, maybe full windshield, and buy a spare belt.

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
Welcome from Surprise Arizona.

A spare belt is an absolute necessity.

Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all.
Should I stick with OEM belt, or is aftermarket okay for these units?

Any other essential must do mods to start with?

·
Premium Member
9,758 Posts
Thanks all.
Should I stick with OEM belt, or is aftermarket okay for these units?

Any other essential must do mods to start with?
OEM belts are all I use, never broke one yet. You'll find the best prices for OEM stuff at Rocky Mountain.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 ds turbo r
129 Posts
Welcome!
Spare belts are good! Make sure you break your belt in proper, maybe even switch it out after its broke in and break in the spare. Will get you familiar with the belt change process. Better to learn in the garage then in great wide open.

I love my harnesses. Feel naked without them on.

Do some research on the front windows. Great idea but then you get to fight the dust devil from behind. May require more items to get it to work like you think it would.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Welcome from NW Oregon!

I concur, get a spare belt or two. Use the search function, a lot of debate about belts.
Break them in before going out and hitting the throttle hard. If you run paddles in sand with hills and have a heavy foot you WILL go through belts. And yes, practice putting them on and taking off. If you use the stock clutch tool put a couple penny's in your tool kit to put underneath the screw which depresses your clutch or it will drill a whole (ridiculously, you'll see what I mean). Good to have an electric driver if possible as the tool makes it quite a slow and difficult process. I run with only half of them which is enough to seal the case but I'm also not in much water.

As for windshields? We all hate them here in the PNW dunes or off road, full or half as they tend to fog, get dusty, scratch etc. Recommend to only go glass with vents and wiper if so.

Yes a 4-5 point harness! Throw out the retractable stock IMO.

Stay safe and have a heck of a good time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts