Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Obadiah Bishop from Wyoming. I just purchased a 2020 maverick sport max with 3000 miles on it.
I am hoping I didn't make a mistake on my purchase as this was a used rental unit.

Everything worked great at the dealer and drove nice. Some major scuffs on drivers door but hopefully I can find a paint match to cover that up.

We have put about 25 miles on it and started noticing a few things that I am hoping are easy fixes. The doors have trouble opening but seem to work with the inside latch. Is there an adjustment for these? There is a squeak coming from the front end somewhere that I haven't been able to locate yet but going to check it out tomorrow. I need to do the oil change on it tomorrow and install new air filter as well. Going to pull the plugs and look at them too. Any other service items that you guys think I should complete or check? Also I saw in the manual that it calls for a special grease for the grease points but would any other grease be ok?
Thanks for the input

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome from Alberta.

Probably not a big deal on the mileage. Keep the oil clean and grease it often Canam's engineers are nice enough to give us grease zerks. The squeaks are likely dry bushings. I would jack up the machine check for loose worn components. Pretty sure plugs are due.
I would check cage fasteners as well. Pull the belt case cover off and remove and clean the case check the pulleys springs and rollers for wear.
The door latches probably need adjustment.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir, on the oil change is there an o ring on this filter? I purchased a kit from rocky mountain atv that included the oil, filter, and a crush washer. Is there anything else I need? Just didn't want to tear into it then have to wait for parts. Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah the filter housing has an oring the drain plug needs the washer.

Review the manual for you're service procedures and internal

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Congrats, welcome from NW Oregon!

You will have better results posting your questions in the correct sections away from Member Introductions

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts