Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello just wondering if anyone could help with some questions I'm new to the can am family I have a 2020 maverick x3 Xmr I just had to put an new front diff in the person that had it before blew it ( there was a hole on the bottom of the case about the size of a dime lol) the tires that are huge to me 36x10.00r18 with no clutch kit max speed is 47-48 mph would this be normal ?? should it go faster ? spec 70mph stock what should or could do to get the speed up any inste would be great full thank you

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,321 Posts
Unless you're an all out mud dude I would use smaller tires and rims. Pretty stressful on the machine.

But it should go faster than that.

There are normal keys and performance keys. You need the performance key to unlock full power.

Another thing is XMR's are speed limited due to mud tires from the factory. But can be overcome with an aftermarket tune.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unless you're an all out mud dude I would use smaller tires and rims. Pretty stressful on the machine.

But it should go faster than that.

There are normal keys and performance keys. You need the performance key to unlock full power.

Another thing is XMR's are speed limited due to mud tires from the factory. But can be overcome with an aftermarket tune.
ty no mud desert driving dry roads so a performance key didn't know that ok I will get one I do have the factory rimes and tires he gave me that 47 mph is normal with out the performance key? would you say what size would be good ? I thank you for all your help

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
ty no mud desert driving dry roads so a performance key didn't know that ok I will get one I do have the factory rimes and tires he gave me that 47 mph is normal with out the performance key? would you say what size would be good ? I thank you for all your help
For desert driving etc I would say most guys go with 32" tires.

You should have gotten 2 keys normally. One is normal to limit power and speed. Another is performance normally.

When you start up the machine it should say performance key on your dash. The text will scroll through at start up. So go check that out first.

Like hambone says, those big tires will bring the speedo down a bit.

If I'm not mistaken an XMR should do about 67mph off the showroom floor. With an aftermarket tune you could get it up to 90mph+.

Like I said check your key first. See what the dash says when you start it.

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. IMO, 36s are way too big. 32s should be about as big as you should go. It also depends on what tires too. Some tires are outrageously heavy, and some aren't. Check around, and get lighter 32s.

Reactions: scott w

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you both I only have one key well you live and learn the guy that owned it is the one that suggested all this shit I do have a tuner kit power vision / wideband cx as well as a clutch kit -----well looking for 32'S then wonderful

·
Registered
335 Posts
What’s your RPM after you get to 47/48 MPH? When you push the start button does it say performance key across the display?

·
Premium Member
2,331 Posts
Xmr is speed limited u til you tune because of factory tires. Newby key will only let you do around 30mph. 36” tires and factory tune your speed sounds about right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Wish I had 35-36's over the weekend.....my 32's were barely enough for some sections of the rough blue trails and little scary on some of the black trails......not big enough for the rough black trails

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Where at?
Last couple weekends were at Indian Mountain and Top Trails.........my girfriend got out halfway down a steep, rocky, rutted mountain hill because it was so scary going down....she said she would meet me at the bottom. I slide down safely ....she cartwheeled down the hill, broke her nose in two places, cut her face wide open from under her eye to her forhead, sprained/gouged her ankle and cut/bruised her ribs :( she was almost knocked out. She in perfect shape (not fat and out of shape:) and does a lot of mountain hiking, the trail was too steep tp walk. She was wearing shoes also.

• Wow
Reactions: R.Snape and 10mm_

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Last couple weekends were at Indian Mountain and Top Trails.........my girfriend got out halfway down a steep, rocky, rutted mountain hill because it was so scary going down....she said she would meet me at the bottom. I slide down safely ....she cartwheeled down the hill, broke her nose in two places, cut her face wide open from under her eye to her forhead, sprained/gouged her ankle and cut/bruised her ribs :( she was almost knocked out. She in perfect shape (not fat and out of shape:) and does a lot of mountain hiking, the trail was too steep tp walk. She was wearing shoes also.
Holy frigg man. Leave the helmet on at all times. Brutal.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
This part made me laugh! Glad she’ll heal.

Have any pictures of those hills?
Cartwheeled was her wording.......it was more than a fall, it was end over end ! Ill post some pics tomorrow, you know that you can never tell just how steep it is in a pic...but you can tell its scary ! I ha my trauma kit and I keep a lot of hard core presciption meds so we didnt have to go to a hospital in the middle of nowhere. she needed xrays, ct scan for the brain and lots of facial stiches......she said ther was no way she was going to let some country doctor at a country hosplital touch her face. She works at a plastic surgery practice and one of our friends/plastic surgeons said they would meet her at the office Sunday night. Jeeeeez faces bleed like crazy ! She was able close the facial gash with skin bonding glue and surgical tape. She was such a tro0per that she went for a trail ride before we left the park, very drugged up for pain. When we got to a steep hill she was freaking out (dont blame her) and the extra pressure broke the cut open......we left :)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Holy frigg man. Leave the helmet on at all times. Brutal.
We dont wear helmets very often ......but she needed one for walking !

Reactions: Extrememc

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Check this out......there are around 100 old Army bomb bunkers at the park that you rent and stay in......100 foot long, 40 ft wide and 30 ft tall......they stay cool in summer and warm in winter.....big blast door on the front, really unique ...$15 a night to camp....super cool !!

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Check this out......there are around 100 old Army bomb bunkers at the park that you rent and stay in......100 foot long, 40 ft wide and 30 ft tall......they stay cool in summer and warm in winter.....big blast door on the front, really unique ...$15 a night to camp....super cool !!
$15 a night? You couldn't pay me $150 a night to sleep in that lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts