Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there so im at a customers house and he wanted me to replace the rollers because they were worn so when I arrived and I inspected it it turned out that 2 rollers were completely broken off and one half of it was broken. So I took the compression tool and went to disassembling. Turned out the helix is jammed it won't release. Is that because of the rollers or is the spring messed up aswell. How should I go upon unjamming it to replace the rollers. Thank you

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Your best bet would probably be to contact KWI or Airdam for their expertise. They may have dealt with this. I would say spring is probably messed up too but that’s only a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Its probably a plastic roller piece jammed in between the helix and housing. You might get lucky and the parts are ok once you get all the roller pieces out. If not throw it in the gutter and go buy another.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hard to tell but first pic the ramp on the helix looks trashed, if thats the case it dont really matter what you use as it needs to be replaced so pry bar or whatever, keep the compressor on it just to say loose so it doesnt fly off at you

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys thanks for the advice I was able to get it off. I believe the roller that was there was having it pinned. I just compressed it and hit the back of it with a rubber market and the helix shot out. Thanks everyone

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts