Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reluctant to shell out the $100 bucks or so for this mod. Sounds like most are more than happy with it. I have noticed in the last few days on ebay the lower priced ones have gone up $15-$30. Is this typical this time of year with better riding weather on the horizon??

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
No, I think they are upping the price to be more in-line with their competitors pricing. If you are even remotely thinking of getting the MrRPM ECU reflash, hold off on the sport low mod as his reflash will do the same thing without any wiring harnesses and will also show low gear on the instrument panel. It will save you the $100 or so dollars in the long run...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
No, I think they are upping the price to be more in-line with their competitors pricing. If you are even remotely thinking of getting the MrRPM ECU reflash, hold off on the sport low mod as his reflash will do the same thing without any wiring harnesses and will also show low gear on the instrument panel. It will save you the $100 or so dollars in the long run...
This is true, no need in sport low, if you do my reflash, as it obsoletes it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
now your reflash on affects the performance key....correct? What affect (if any) does it have on the sport/ECO mode while using the performance key?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that tidbit.....I will look into MR. RPM.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
now your reflash on affects the performance key....correct? What affect (if any) does it have on the sport/ECO mode while using the performance key?
Yes, performance key only, the work key is as stock. AFAIK, the eco mode only limits throttle opening, makes it open less, and way less aggressive. The eco should still have the same limits, but not 100% positive. Maybe someone can try theirs & see.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
When you reflash it, can you choose which program/mode to override? I guess what I am asking is could you override the program/mode that is used for the grey (work) key and then we could still have the stock performance mode with the black key and then your re-flashed program with the grey key? I had both of my keys programmed as performance keys as I have no use for the de-tuned mode so I assume that program is there but will never be used.....it would make it really easy to compare between the reflash and the stock performance mode if all you had to do was switch keys and retest....

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
When you reflash it, can you choose which program/mode to override? I guess what I am asking is could you override the program/mode that is used for the grey (work) key and then we could still have the stock performance mode with the black key and then your re-flashed program with the grey key? I had both of my keys programmed as performance keys as I have no use for the de-tuned mode so I assume that program is there but will never be used.....it would make it really easy to compare between the reflash and the stock performance mode if all you had to do was switch keys and retest....
That may could be done, but it would take a shitload of fiddling, that I really don't have time to do. There's like 2000 pages of stuff to sift thru, delete one thing, another error message comes, go round & round at times.

It's no problem to tell the difference at all, once reflashed, it's that big of a difference.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Where do we find out pricing and more info on the reflash? I looked on your website and couldn't find it.
Here is what the reflash does:

raise rev limit to 8500rpms
Low range limit 8500 RPM
No speed limit in low range
No torque limit on acceleration ( halfshaft saver removed)
Race start (Throttle opening while cranking allowed)
FAN activation at 167°F (75°C)
Engine and air temperature limp limit raised (limp home at 248°F (120°C) only)
no vehicle speed limit
100% throttle in low range, no need for sport low mod, & gear position on display reads correctly.
Allow gas & brake at the same time
Right now, I have two tunes, 8500RPM rev limit, or 9500RPM rev limit, otherwise the same.

This will cost $500. to reflash your stock ecu to MRRPM race specs.
I can change timing, fuel, and have different rev limit, if desired, for $50. more
The ecu can be reflashed back to stock if necessary.

Also a thread on here:
http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/53-mrrpm/4502-mrrpm-race-ecu.html

·
Registered
286 Posts
Patt107 has a sport low for sale on a thread (sport low) on here 80 bucks. The best one IMO for the money. not that the reflash wouldn't be cool.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
That may could be done, but it would take a shitload of fiddling, that I really don't have time to do. There's like 2000 pages of stuff to sift thru, delete one thing, another error message comes, go round & round at times.

It's no problem to tell the difference at all, once reflashed, it's that big of a difference.
got it....I have no idea what's going on inside of the ECU. I wasn't sure if it was as simple as I was explaining it......doesn't hurt to ask.....this is on the list of things to do along with 100 other things!

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Would I be correct in saying this flash will throw your warranty right out the window?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Would I be correct in saying this flash will throw your warranty right out the window?
Just leave them the grey key if you drop it off! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts