Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's everybody using on the back side of the interior plastics to cut down on heat and sound in the cab? Right now I just turn the radio up but that doesn't help the heat.

I've been thinking of that dynamat stuff. I know guys use it in cars and trucks, but I'm not sure how well it will work with keeping the heat out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've also been thinkin about using dyna-mat but I dont know if I should take of the foam and ditch it or just mat around it.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Is it significantly quieter? The heat is non issue to me, actually enjoy any heat I can get most times of the year but I would like to cut down the noise. My other question is would the dynamite last or fall off when it gets wet like the foam does?

·
Registered
446 Posts
It helped some on making it quieter but not as much as I was hoping. I don't think it will fall off cause once you stick it on and push down on it it sticks really good.

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let us know how it does.

I think I remember someone saying that a good bit of the noise comes from the shift tree hole. They said they put some foam in there and it helped a lot. Can't find that post anywhere though... Any one tried that?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Let us know how it does.

I think I remember someone saying that a good bit of the noise comes from the shift tree hole. They said they put some foam in there and it helped a lot. Can't find that post anywhere though... Any one tried that?

I think I'm going to take the stock foam piece cut a slot in it and move to cover the shifter

I wonder what is everyone using to glue this insulation on that holds and lasts?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone remember seeing that post? I can't remember who did it or whether it was in here or the maverick addiction. But they did take a piece of foam and cut notches for the shift tree. I would like to know how it's holding up.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Quiter solution was the the tread and play doe had the write up on how he did a shifter piece of foam tube I just read it the other day and am going to try it next time I have mine apart.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Thanks Hollywood. It's holding up just fine. I'm using heavy duty two sided tape for this mod. My friend owns a tape company and cuts me some custom wide

1 - 12 of 12 Posts