Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another heat shield post. After searching on the forums I see most are using the reflective stick on material. I am going to use that around the shifter but I was curious if anyone tried this behind the seats? Its pretty much a blanket that hangs off the cage behind the seats. With reflective material on one side.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I looked at that one too but decided to go with the can-am defender(?) shield since price was not much different (I did not order it yet, on my to do list).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at that one too but decided to go with the can-am defender(?) shield since price was not much different (I did not order it yet, on my to do list).
Do you happen to have a link? Im pretty sure I have seen a link to it in another thread but Im not having any luck digging it up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks. I was looking up the wrong term in the forums. I was searching for heat shield instead of Acoustic Panel as Can Am calls it.

Looks like it will just go right over the existing cab wall. Also looks like you would have to order the cover for the access panel separately for another $90. Is it a fit for the sports? I believe the defenders are the same in the cab?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I stopped by my dealer and looked at a commander. The panel is a foam rubber like material That’s about 1/4 inch thick. looks just like the plastic underneath it. I could see it helping with sound but I wonder how it works for heat. May line the inside with heat reflecting tape?

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,260 Posts
^^^ My buddy & I lined the entire rear bulkhead with HushMat heat/noise insulating foam which definitely helps. Although tech specs claim minimal water absorption, I/we are considering purchasing your linked product as an additional barrier which will cover that foam while also reducing dust and moisture intrusion on that. BTW, the topic heat shield is lower cost when purchased direct from the mfr's site: CanAm Behind Seat Heatshield

·
Registered
150 Posts
^^^ My buddy & I lined the entire rear bulkhead with HushMat heat/noise insulating foam which definitely helps. Although tech specs claim minimal water absorption, I/we are considering purchasing your linked product as an additional barrier which will cover that foam while also reducing dust and moisture intrusion on that. BTW, the topic heat shield is lower cost when purchased direct from the mfr's site: CanAm Behind Seat Heatshield
I did not see much change when I put reflective stuff on my firewall and related areas. I used Cool Tec Thermo-Tec: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PILLZG/

Just ordered the heatshield and this other very coool (hopefully) item: CanAm Center Console Cover Heatshield | adventureproductsusa
now that you've pointed out this Oregon based company. As above, I was planning to get the OEM product, but these two combined hopefully make a good combo.

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,260 Posts
I thought the console cover looks a little goofy but "form follows function". Still needs pipe insulation or similar inside the shifter tunnel to block heat rising from coolant lines plus from lower rear bulkhead. Likely, I'll just order the heat shield...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered the heatshield from Adventure Products. I also put therma-tec inside the center console with some wrap on the coolant pipes. The heatshield behind the seats I noticed a slight difference in the heat coming from behind the seats. I didnt feel the heat in my lower back. The heat shielding in the center console slightly reduced the heat coming up. All in all im not sure it was worth the effort or money to try it.

The thing that actually made the difference was adding the Can Am Wind Deflectors. Expensive but worth it. They did introduce a new problem though. After hitting a big puddle they get wet and flick water droplets in your face as the wind blows through them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts