Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Sounds like it would already be working to draw hot air from the cockpit then.
Probably not a good way to do it as that fan probably draws way to much for the charging system to keep up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did anybody ever find out where he got those vents for the roof? I have been looking for some and cant find any like the ones he used

·
Registered
508 Posts
Did anybody ever find out where he got those vents for the roof? I have been looking for some and cant find any like the ones he used
Those look like the same vents that you see on semis.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Yes we need to find out about vent. I'm thinking either on the hood or on side in front of door.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I found vents that are very close to the ones he has in his pictures. They are on etrailer.com. Search toy hauler vents

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
So after searching the forum for an answer, I figured I would ask here. Heat is really a non-issue for me after putting Thermo-tec in the cab. The heat that I do feel is usually at higher speeds coming up from the rear and hitting my neck. I have a half windshield installed with no rear wind screen. Does anyone have any input about adding a rear screen for heat reduction in this case? Or do you think it would generally hurt since I only have a half windshield? I am unsure if the heat is coming through the tunnel and coming up into the rear of the cab or if the cat heat is so intense at high RPM's that it is funneling heat in. I have a 16' so my cat is welded to my resonator, which doesn't allow me to easily gut it. I would put a delete pipe in but I still want to keep the resonator for sound purposes.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Block of holes around seatbelts with foam or rubber I was amazed when I finally did this, gets rid of a lot of behind the seat heat.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Unfortunately after wasting countless hours insulating the panels this to me is the only solution. Insulating the panels does keep the heat down a little bit for those of us with doors and windshields we need airflow. How did I come to this realization? I was riding this weekend and got stuck behind a RZR that was going slow. I could have passed but I had 2 cars pretty far behind so I figured I would just cruise for a bit. I noticed both driver and passenger opened their suicide doors while cruising about 20mph. So I cracked my door and holy crap was it nice.

The fan I installed was a complete waste of time. It made the cab hotter. The only way I can see a fan working is if you have it venting straight out the back. Moving air in the engine compartment only does what someone else previously mentioned in this thread.

Something like this that opens both ways would work great.

http://www.etrailer.com/Enclosed-Trailer-Parts/Polar-Hardware/PLR1700.html?feed=npn&gclid=CjwKEAjwkui7BRCf64DNtfDupgoSJAA_0LOoLnwvoDqJogZmbQvmrB8owFu5mC1ZZ11a2oRfwV2egxoCsHfw_wcB

·
Registered
508 Posts
Has anyone been able to get a hold of Kiputah and asked where he got those vents from?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Flat amazing how much heat doors hold in. Going to figure out a pattern and use a water jet to make me a set of vented DFR summer doors.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So after searching the forum for an answer, I figured I would ask here. Heat is really a non-issue for me after putting Thermo-tec in the cab. The heat that I do feel is usually at higher speeds coming up from the rear and hitting my neck. I have a half windshield installed with no rear wind screen. Does anyone have any input about adding a rear screen for heat reduction in this case? Or do you think it would generally hurt since I only have a half windshield? I am unsure if the heat is coming through the tunnel and coming up into the rear of the cab or if the cat heat is so intense at high RPM's that it is funneling heat in. I have a 16' so my cat is welded to my resonator, which doesn't allow me to easily gut it. I would put a delete pipe in but I still want to keep the resonator for sound purposes.
I have a half windshield and a rear screen and I do not get any heat on my neck. I have also read it reduces the dust swirling around. In this case the heat swirling. Good luck

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I made these with the sewing expertise of my mother in law. This is obviously on my commander but same door. Works absolutely amazing for the summer months, then just pop in your panel for winter.

Reactions: sandfreak

·
Registered
24 Posts
For those of you who wrapped your exhaust, how many feet of wrap did you need? And did you use 1 or 2 inch? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
I have put like 50' of 2" on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
One more question for you guys. I am looking at the Thermo-tec mat 14110 and the 14620 which is the rubberized piece with foil back. Im leaning towards the mat as I think it should fit in the tunnel and provide more heat and sound resistance. Has anyone else used it?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
That stuff makes a lovely black smoke when it falls off and starts on fire . I used it on my first canam sxs but didn't on my second and now I have nothing falling off and catching on fire in my Mav .
I wrapped my pipes and use a console cover and it's good enough for me . Next sxs I will go with a soft roof to help keep the noise down . Even a padded hard roof is louder than a soft roof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's good to know. I have the soft bimini so that sound isn't an issue.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i was about to install thermo tec on my bike. has anyone else had problems with it falling off and smoking? that doesn't sound good at all? i literally have the roll sitting next to me as we speak to begin.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts