Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
No I have not done exhaust fan in engine compartment. But it is on my radar. I have seen threads on this with 4" bilge fans and computer fans but wasn't exactly clear on where or how they were mounted.

·
Vendor
6,217 Posts
I might have to share a little secret with you guys on what we do on our desert car. You won't need a fan, you already have something on the car that blows air

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
I wish you would share with us as the heat is borderline unbearable when riding in temps above 80F.

·
Premium Member
6,970 Posts
I wish you would share with us as the heat is borderline unbearable when riding in temps above 80F.

Here is how I solved the heat in the cab above 80 in my rock crawler! I get a thumbs up every time I take it on the trail . LOL imagejpeg_2_9.jpg post-649-1314069644_thumb.jpg

·
Registered
508 Posts
I would imagine it has something to do with the clutch.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Joe. I have the same unit you do. I Am thinking about having the underside wrapped with heat shield as well as wrapping the exhaust and water line. Have you done these things yet to your Maverick? Also are you running stock tires?

Thanks!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I just started today. I ordered 1/2 inch Cool-it from Summit Racing. By the way they are awesome over at Summit. I ordered the wrong stuff initially and they sent UPS to pick it up no charge and got the correct stuff out to me immediately.

It will probably take me 2 weeks to complete as I'm not in a rush. Next trip is July 4th. If you notice in the 2nd pic there is a tunnel I photographed. I ordered a 4 inch fan that will connect to that and help pull more fresh/cooler air through the engine compartment. That coolant line above will also get insulated.

Very easy. Total cost is about $150.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Mearsman nailed it. He's using the intercooler as the fan and has it on a switch or running constant. Alex decided not to continue the conversation as he knew we'd all be asking him to fab us the same thing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the pics Joe. Take more as you get it done if you don't mind! Look forward to hearing how it all works out.

Did you modify anything to run the 30" tires? Any noticeable power loss? Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Mearsman nailed it. He's using the intercooler as the fan and has it on a switch or running constant. Alex decided not to continue the conversation as he knew we'd all be asking him to fab us the same thing.

So from the factory the intercooler fan is wired to blow air from the rear to the front? That seems very backward.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Guys have wired them to blow that way . Normal is front to back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Sounds like it would already be working to draw hot air from the cockpit then.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
One guy tried to use it as a heater for a cab for winter . Had the wires reversed to blow air into the cab . Problem was snows blows in behind the back window . Snow dust into the inner cooler so he was steamed out and covered in frost . All of his buddy's thought it was the funniest thing to look at frosty the snow man . Lol I have lots of ideas that don't pan out as I thought .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 90 Posts