Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may have been discussed but please fill me in on how to reduce the heat in side. ive got Blinstar doors and its CRAZY HOT!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Lowes sells self adhesive pipe insulation its I think it's about 12 inches wide best I can remember ,and about 20 dollars a roll . Get that and a roll of aluminum tape to put on seams ,and line the underside of you cab panels ,and double up on cub holders . One roll will do 2 mavericks . Bam 3 beers,1 hour ,and 25 bucks later 75 percent of your cab heat will be gone !

Reactions: deirulz

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wrapped the muffler all the way from the cylinders to the exhaust, warm inside is bearable, but even with the wrapping you can use the drink holder only to keep coffee warm. WRAP.JPG

·
Registered
178 Posts
sounds like y'all don't drink your beer fast enough lol! I haven't really been bothered with the heat that bad. I mean its just always hot as hell here anyways. I am gonna look into doing that this weekend though while I'm doing belt temp gauge.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
There is a console cover also. A guy on the RZR forum makes them (Matt) and from what I understand they look o.k. and do a pretty good job.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lowes sells self adhesive pipe insulation its I think it's about 12 inches wide best I can remember ,and about 20 dollars a roll . Get that and a roll of aluminum tape to put on seams ,and line the underside of you cab panels ,and double up on cub holders . One roll will do 2 mavericks . Bam 3 beers,1 hour ,and 25 bucks later 75 percent of your cab heat will be gone !
This is the same stuff I used on commander and maverick! Works very good depending on how detailed of a job you do! Found the tar or rubber back sound shield comes loose and melts on engine... Can be a big mess! I found if you wipe the back of the panels down with xylene first the foam foiled self adhesive backed insulation and foil tape stays better. Also get some large soft foam pipe wrap for the coolant lines on pass side and I sandwich a piece of foam order the shifter. Just cut a thin line where ever the shifter travels. Also remove all exhaust paint and wrap with tight overlapping except clamping areas and spray down good soaking of ceramic wrap paint to seal wrapping. This will hold to psi washing,mud or what ever without coming loose. Your drinks stay cold and you won't have any cab heat but most likely miss it in the winter.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
I did the heat wrap, and then cut custom pieces of heat/sound material and glued / taped them to the underside of the tunnel plastic and seat plastic. Pics of products attached.
51WI1x4KOeL[1].jpg 814tElsVo1L._SL1500_[1].jpg 51iAsrHt6ML._SX425_[1].jpg

·
Registered
728 Posts
Use the search there are a few threads on this with pictures and a couple with temps taken in different places. You can see where to apply the material you chose. Most people were using Thermo-Tec. Don't forget the water hose on the passenger side by your feet it is very hot.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome to owning a Mav, One of the few drawbacks of engine being next to you. but on a plus note, it sure does make the back of a Mav look better!! More of a buggy look than an engine hanging out back there!!

Reactions: drivelineguy

·
Registered
64 Posts
Covering and trying to cover the heat isn't the solution. You need airflow. I've installed a vent in my roof that I can open and either create airflow or open it the other way to create a vent. It also creates a positive air flow so dirt and dust don't flow in

·
Registered
171 Posts
Menards sells foil backed fiberglass insulation blankets for insulating water heaters. I lined the console area with it and it has helped a lot. Won't melt and doesn't hold moisture. I think it has a better insulation value than the foil backed foam. I just did the passenger side for the wife but I'll be doing the driver side also. One package for around $18 will completely cover the area with enough to double up the really hot spots.

·
Registered
43 Posts
sounds like y'all don't drink your beer fast enough lol! I haven't really been bothered with the heat that bad. I mean its just always hot as hell here anyways. I am gonna look into doing that this weekend though while I'm doing belt temp gauge.

:smile: yes you are right, I should be a faster drinker:crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Exhaust wrap makes a huge difference and covering your internal plastics with heat tape/insulation makes a big difference as well. Dont use the frost king stuff though. Get the nicer Kevlar liking products. I used the frost king and while it works it doesn't seem to hold up very well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
found a sheet of dei brand about 3x4 ish. cut it out like a blanket over the cross bars over the engine. under the console trims. worked good so far. could not find a warm spot to warm my fingers up while driving at mudigras. heat1.2.jpg h2.1.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
How big of a pain/ how many panels have to be removed to wrap the exhaust fully?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
found a sheet of dei brand about 3x4 ish. cut it out like a blanket over the cross bars over the engine. under the console trims. worked good so far. could not find a warm spot to warm my fingers up while driving at mudigras. View attachment 20145 View attachment 20146
Is that just some sort of thermal blanket that you are simply draping over the top of the engine? Looks interesting.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts