Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
reading online about plasti dip, its suppose to hold up great with temps 300 degrees or a little above , says it insulates and also sound deadens . has anyone tried it, I was thinking about spraying the back of all the interior panels with it to see how much heat and noise it will block out

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Don't know how effective that would be; i have my doubts. I 80 mil thermo-lined mine with good results.

·
Registered
557 Posts
plasti dip Is not going to keep heat from pushing thru the plastic!!!!!
you need to buy some Hushmat that product works great for heat

·
Registered
400 Posts
Reactions: MUD_DYNASTY

·
Registered
246 Posts
I used DEI, "tunnel shield". Cover all the plactic in the console area. (Under side) This worked great, I now can leave a drink in the holder without it getting warm. I also wrapped all water pipes with DEI shield wrap. Wow!!! What a difference.

M

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Over on the commander forums there's a dude that makes a cover that goes over the whole center console and snaps on. It's thick and he has sold a butt load of them over there and the commander guys love it. They say it keeps the heat out and also there machines are a lot quieter. It's pricey and you have to get past the look of it on there. It's black in color. I'll try to get a pic and post it. Just another alternative

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Just a thought but has anyone thought about putting a 10 or 12 inch pusher fan something with a high cfm rate in front of the tunnel and just push the heat out the back? Hook it up to a dash rocker switch to shut it off if your going in the deep or mud. I don't do either so I prob would never shut it off. Just looking for insight on this. Sounds feasible to do.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I Use this Frost King on mine it works extremely well! You can get it at Lowes or HD. The trick is take your panels off wipe them down with xylene or wax n grease remover first. Then tape the edges and splicing with foil tape.
A few years ago purchased a used Commander that had been insulated with thermo-tek that had come loose and fell on the engine.... What a gooey mess! Took forever to clean but removed it all and tried the frost king self adhesive foil back insulation with great success! IMO it worked better! Wrap the exhaust and pipe wrap the coolant lines and you will not have any more heat complaints!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put heat shield on my commander and it didn't help at all. Check out the commander forums, talk to "Troy"...,if you search center console cover, Troy will not be hard to find.....order a cover from him, and I think your problem will be resolved.

2014 XXC.....

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Main problem im running into is we ride DEEP DEEP mud and water over the console a lot here in the delta, so it must be waterproof also

·
Registered
368 Posts
I used dynamat extreme on my commander. ...it helped alot. I wrapped my pipes with titanium wrap and was planning on a fan in the tunnel

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey captain take some pictures if you do the fan in the tunnel I was thinking about doing that with a 7" or 8" automotive fan. You can find them on amazon or fleabay

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Albuquerque, I was wondering if you re-attached any of the foam after the install of the heat shield? I have ordered the product from Summit and like to know if you applied a single or double layer and any tips you might have on the install. Thanks

1 - 20 of 41 Posts