Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I bought a 2016 xDs Turbo earlier this year. it has about 800 miles on it now and all service has been complete as required. My father-in-law bought the same year make and model about 3 weeks ago and just had his first service complete. After driving both, I have realized that mine is putting off more heat down by my caves and legs then his is. Any ideas on why and what I can do to change that?

Carson

·
Registered
272 Posts
Install some Thermo tech heat barrier on the inside of those side panels and under your center console. It cuts down on the cab heat quite a bit. One of the cheaper routes also.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just finished thermo tech install on my XRS and it makes a hell of a difference. I also wrapped the exhaust and it is 147,000 degrees cooler in my cab.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I found wrapping the 2 water hoses with foom pipe insulation made the most difference. But then you must wrap it with aluminum tape to keep the foam from melting from the exhaust heat. Remove the panel down bye the passenger feet to get
to it, and the top center panel. shoe

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem and have resolved most of the cab problems on my own due to the factory and dealer refusing to make modification to the maverick to be suitable for people to be operating this unit above 80 degree day. I am a retired guy now in Arizona and would love to talk to you privately on a way I am trying to get reimbursement for the cost of these repairs that the manufacture reused to take responsibility for, my email is [email protected] and my phone number is 206 305 1736 if you are interested. I'm not selling anything, like I said, I am retired just looking for people with the same problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
maverick cab heat problem

I have the same problem and have resolved most of the cab problems on my own due to the factory and dealer refusing to make modification to the maverick to be suitable for people to be operating this unit above 80 degree day. I am a retired guy now in Arizona and would love to talk to you privately on a way I am trying to get reimbursement for the cost of these repairs that the manufacture reused to take responsibility for, my email is [email protected] and my phone number is 206 305 1736 if you are interested. I'm not selling anything, like I said, I am retired just looking for people with the same problem.

·
Registered
508 Posts
These panels made by Alex from C & T Racing have been the only thing that has truly worked for me regarding heat issues in the cab. Duning hard this week in 75 degree temps in the sun and my panels were all cool to the touch. Prior to these my right knee would not be able to rest against the inside panel. It lowers the heat inside the engine compartment and cools all interior plastics both front and back.

Not sure what difference these would make for slower speed rides but I haven't been this comfortable since i bought my 16 XRS max.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts