Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is going to be a lot of heat in this area but with some slower riding or when I stop it isn't very desirable. I was thinking of installing a fan to help pull out heat some. Anyone else doing that or did it already?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Best option is to add heat barrier to the interior panels...there are several threads on this....

Reactions: smurf

·
Registered
557 Posts
hushmat! just pull all of the interior plastic and stick Hushmat on all of it made a massive difference in the inside of our machine! lots of threads on this! don't let Mega catch your thread he Is going to make you look like an idiot!lol........

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best option is to add heat barrier to the interior panels...there are several threads on this....
It seems that might keep in the heat more which will help me on the outside but I like removing it if possible. Maybe a combination of the two would be good.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I purchased this fan. The video was impressive of them putting a water hose directly on it and it still works. I'll use this to help move the heat out of the compartment for now and maybe use the heat barrier later if needed. I'll post results once I've had a few rides if anyone is interested. Here in Texas it's usually hot enough, we don't need anything else heating us up.
96mm 33mm New Blower 12V DC Waterproof to IP55 Ball Brg Cooling Fan 2 Pin 369A | eBay

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
hushmat! just pull all of the interior plastic and stick Hushmat on all of it made a massive difference in the inside of our machine! lots of threads on this! don't let Mega catch your thread he Is going to make you look like an idiot!lol........
Haha. I believe you are right.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Well I purchased this fan. The video was impressive of them putting a water hose directly on it and it still works. I'll use this to help move the heat out of the compartment for now and maybe use the heat barrier later if needed. I'll post results once I've had a few rides if anyone is interested. Here in Texas it's usually hot enough, we don't need anything else heating us up.
96mm 33mm New Blower 12V DC Waterproof to IP55 Ball Brg Cooling Fan 2 Pin 369A | eBay
Are you going to put any type of pre-filter over the intake to prevent a rock from getting in there and chewing up the blades or seizing it up? Would also be interested in seeing how and where you mount it too....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Not really sure why you feel you need a fan to move the air out? Nothing is getting damged from the heat. If you put the heat shield on the interior side of the console plastic it will reduce the heat completely. I dont feel any heat while sitting still and idling. Not sure why anything more would be needed.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where do you buy the Hushmat and I don't need Mega to make me look like an idiot, I can do that perfectly on my own lol.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you going to put any type of pre-filter over the intake to prevent a rock from getting in there and chewing up the blades or seizing it up? Would also be interested in seeing how and where you mount it too....
I'm thinking of putting it in the front part of the console. I haven't looked at it real closely. I'll probably just put it open where it may not get too many rock options. It was only $20. so I don't have a lot to loose. Did you see this video they did?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not really sure why you feel you need a fan to move the air out? Nothing is getting damged from the heat. If you put the heat shield on the interior side of the console plastic it will reduce the heat completely. I dont feel any heat while sitting still and idling. Not sure why anything more would be needed.
I work in a refinery where heat never helps anything but what you really want to heat. It always seems better to remove the heat when possible than to bottle it up. just my .02 cents worth.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Put a fan switch on and it will provide two purposes, keep you at two bars and help move the engine heat out the rear. I've been using a fan switch on both my previously own Commander my Max now and also on my sportbike during stop and go type traffic. So true on what the guys were saying, do the hushmat, exhaust wrap they will help make it even better.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I did use the recommended Hushmat and seemed to work pretty well but still a lot of heat. I'm waiting on the fan to install. I plan to mount it on the passenger side panel and have it blowing towards the rear. It can't hurt.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts