Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have alpha bass headsets and recently noticed that one of the headsets sounds blown out. It rattles and has very poor sound quality at any volume setting. I tried switching out he cords but that didn't help. I also tried it on multiple plugs and nothing changed. They could have been like this for a while and I didn't know because the pair I use is working fine. They are over three years old in like new condition, other than this issue. Is there a way to get them repaired?

·
Registered
819 Posts
I would call Rugged directly. Their customer service is top notch. I would be surprised if they didn’t get it taken care of for you in short order.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I used to work at a major telephone company back in the 60's into the 80's. We would get repair calls all the time about static or poor quality of sound. We would have the customer bang, nock, hit or rap the ear piece into the palm of their hand. Isn't that amazing, it's perfect now! The crystals would 'stick together' and not allow the sound to reproduce properly. Hitting with the palm, or even on a solid surface would break apart the crystals. You might try that with your bad headset, and keep it in mind for your others.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts