Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good bulb that is brighter and a whiter light out there? I put a set of hids in the low beams and needless to say on my first ride the one is junk. I had the same problem on my rzr with water getting in the housing. I'm tired of dealing with the hids and looking for a better halogen bulb or something that holds up.
Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Look on eBay for the 55w 9005 hid kit. These are great. Very bright and they have a metal housing that's waterproof. They're $40 a pair. Get them in the 6000k color.

If you are really against HID's get PIAA bulbs. I have them on my outlander and they're great!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine were very hard to turn in but I made sure they were all the way locked in. Just don't get how the water gets past the o-ring on the bulb and gets in the headlight housing

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
get a 40'' led bar and make night driving super fun , the totron is a awesome light bar for 400 bucks !

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I had to use a crescent wrench to lock my hid bulbs in place. Maybe you didn't get them all the way locked in?
Yep I had the same problem on my commander and realized they weren't tuned in as far as the stock ones were, so I turned them with a wrench and problem solved..

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have been thinking about a Red color low beam Light bulb ... Make it look Kool in the day time.... Any ideas ???

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have been thinking about a Red color low beam Light bulb ... Make it look Kool in the day time.... Any ideas ???
I want to say that is a 30000k hid but don't quote me on that... it might be a little more pink than red.

·
Registered
17 Posts
sylvania zxe ...thats what i run in all my vehicles. very white light

so our machines use the 9005 bulb? for some reason i thougth they were 9006

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yes sir.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts