Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Philips 9011 HIR bulbs? They are supposed to be 80% brighter than the 9005's.

I'd like an upgrade, but I'm not ready to drop the coin on a light bar yet. HID's are too noisy with their RFI issues for my radios.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
same plug and 55 watt ?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Supposed to be the same 65W and you just have to clip a little off one of the mounting tabs.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ok cool that was my next question , whats the cheapest u seen them for and let us know when u try them out what u think !

·
Registered
791 Posts
I installed 4 Wagner 9011 HIR 65w bulbs last night. No modification required. Can't honestly say they noticeably brighter than stock and cost about $35 each!

·
Registered
461 Posts
so you can't use HID's because they interfere with the 2 way radios?

I got 2 pairs of 6000k HID's off of ebay for $80 and they are insanely bright. I would highly recommend them to everyone.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, some ballasts are noisier than others. They overload AM/FM tuners too, but I could live with that.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe the gains are less with our projector lamps? One site claims 110% brighter light than 9005.....

·
Registered
528 Posts
We run HID headlights from Beard Seats... no interference to our radios at all (frankly never heard of that before)

Speed Industries Catalog | KORONIS PARTS

huge difference between HID and stocks

·
Registered
791 Posts
Maybe the gains are less with our projector lamps? One site claims 110% brighter light than 9005.....
I have not had a chance to test them driving yet, just shone them on the garage wall. Perhaps they will reach further than stock. Just don't seem much brighter up close.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have run the HIR's in my truck highs for a while, they are really great for what they are. The commander/maverick/renegade projector lenses really lend themselves well to good HIDs though. The 35watt DDM hids appear about 2x as bright as the HIR highs in my truck....so the 55w x 4 setup in my maverick is STUPID bright....

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We run HID headlights from Beard Seats... no interference to our radios at all (frankly never heard of that before)

Speed Industries Catalog | KORONIS PARTS

huge difference between HID and stocks
The HIDs I had in my Dodge Ram would make my two way radios useless on all bands when turned on. It was a very common problem at that time. Maybe China ballast technology has improved over the past four years?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
never heard of HID's interfearing with radios. I had 4 55watt hella hid conversion lights on my rzr and no interfearance with the Rugged Radio.

·
Registered
317 Posts
In previous years I had seen ballasts that produced electronic noise that was picked up on RF when in the same circuit, I think the quality of the ballasts has gotten better.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally got a chance to try out these lights at night. Plenty of light for the open fire roads @ 40-60MPH. Anything more would just be posin'.

Just got a 40" light bar and can't wait to try it now.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Finally got a chance to try out these lights at night. Plenty of light for the open fire roads @ 40-60MPH. Anything more would just be posin'.

Just got a 40" light bar and can't wait to try it now.
Put it this way...Turn the 40 on and you wont even know if your other lights are on or not.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts