Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Reviving this because I just wrapped my headers and didn't see anyone post pics or results.

My initial results were pretty good. Before wrap, I could not get my hand anywhere near that header under the clutch cover much less stick my hand between it and cover.

Radiant heat of wrapped header is slashed by a guesstimate of 75% or more. I could touch the header for a few seconds before being force to remove it. Hovering my hand over the header yielded little to zero heat radiance.

Although the engine itself puts off a substantial amount of heat still and still feel a good amount of heat coming through the shifter holes, but i am seeing good results.

After putting plastics all back together and going for some good heat building slow trail blazing. I had decent noticeable reduction of heat radiating from the tunnel. If I was to guess a percentage, I'd say 20-25% less heat maybe a little more. Outside temp was around 90 degree F, rode in shaded trails and open fields. Wrap was titanium wrap and clamped with stainless hose clamps.
Noticed a big difference in shade, but in the fields that north texas heat spares no one! :).

Overall, i know wrapping exhaust is a MUST if you're looking to reduce cockpit heat. I'm going to core my cat out this weekend and will update the added results from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I think I will do this as well ! Thanks for the input, what can we lose if any heat is removed from the cockpit and the wrap is supposed to help the exhaust flow better. This should be a win win, just think I will do this when I change the clutch.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I did this along with insulating all of my interior panels. It was a lot of work but it was worth it. But a lot of heat still came up from the cat through the rear rack and would get into the cab. I now have a full Muzzy system (no cat) and it made a massive difference in the heat back there as well as what was coming into the cab. No heat issues whatsoever now. I honestly think the header wrap and cat delete would be sufficient had I known how much heat the cat was generating.

Bumper Auto part Auto part Engine Fuel line Automotive exhaust Vehicle Auto part Pipe Plumbing Metal Arm Fictional character Carmine Shoe Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Auto part Vehicle Auto part Metal

Reactions: mitrailrider

·
Registered
227 Posts
Glad you all have had these for awhile...makes it alot easier for the "newbs" like me to come in and steal your ideas! The very first thing I noticed when test driving the mav was the radiant heat...so I was glad to find all the ideas you guys came up with. I put a fan-overide on and the last few times I've had it out I pretty much keep it running all day once it's warmed up. I also gutted the cat, insulated the panels w/thermotec, and wrapped the pipes w/DEI titanium wrap...I never removed the exhaust! It was a pain but it can be done! No complaints now...we rode last Saturday in 90 degree weather it made a huge difference :)
Vehicle

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thats why we are all here my friend share ideas and lessons learned so we can all benefit from others.....

Reactions: NotSure123

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Looks great it is obvious you didn't just throw the stuff on and go ! Anything worth doing is worth doing right. Thank you for the idea will buy some soon

·
Registered
249 Posts
With you guys using the reflective heat tape, did any of you tape the outside of the CVT cover to reflect heat away from that cover and the CVT?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I did on my commander. ..I think I'll wait until I put a temp probe in and see if it helps on the maverick

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
With you guys using the reflective heat tape, did any of you tape the outside of the CVT cover to reflect heat away from that cover and the CVT?
I didn't because the heat barrier that comes on it already is pretty good.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts