Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Reviving this because I just wrapped my headers and didn't see anyone post pics or results.

My initial results were pretty good. Before wrap, I could not get my hand anywhere near that header under the clutch cover much less stick my hand between it and cover.

Radiant heat of wrapped header is slashed by a guesstimate of 75% or more. I could touch the header for a few seconds before being force to remove it. Hovering my hand over the header yielded little to zero heat radiance.

Although the engine itself puts off a substantial amount of heat still and still feel a good amount of heat coming through the shifter holes, but i am seeing good results.

After putting plastics all back together and going for some good heat building slow trail blazing. I had decent noticeable reduction of heat radiating from the tunnel. If I was to guess a percentage, I'd say 20-25% less heat maybe a little more. Outside temp was around 90 degree F, rode in shaded trails and open fields. Wrap was titanium wrap and clamped with stainless hose clamps.
Noticed a big difference in shade, but in the fields that north texas heat spares no one! :).

Overall, i know wrapping exhaust is a MUST if you're looking to reduce cockpit heat. I'm going to core my cat out this weekend and will update the added results from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 1 of 1 Posts