Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
If you check out windrock map out your paths ahead of time, it's so big you can eat up a lot of time just getting from A to B.

Reactions: JUSTA6

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you check out windrock map out your paths ahead of time, it's so big you can eat up a lot of time just getting from A to B.
OK thanks for the heads up. Looking for the best GPS system to use while there. Thinking about grabbing a tablet this weekend.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Lifetime trailmaps is really good in that area, and you can pick one up at royal blue.

Reactions: JUSTA6

·
Registered
12 Posts
BTW- I do not run a full windshield so not an issue for me, but some of our group when riding in the dust, will take a squirt bottle and a poly cloth to spray and wipe their front windshield on breaks or as needed.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
BTW- I do not run a full windshield so not an issue for me, but some of our group when riding in the dust, will take a squirt bottle and a poly cloth to spray and wipe their front windshield on breaks or as needed.
Yeah neither of ours have windshields. Used to have the half windshield but it was a cheap Amazon one that got to scratched up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use Lifetime Trail Maps on a mil-grade Samsung Tab A and last time I was there it was accurate. I also have taken photos of the latest posted maps at the trail heads of several parks and saved them to my BOOKS app on my iPhone, which gives me a backup in case I lose the tablet for some reason. I am an old backpacker and do OK with maps and compass. most of the area parks carry paper maps for purchase (used to be $4) or give you access to a Maplet. Not a bad idea to have that app loaded before you leave the house.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I use Lifetime Trail Maps on a mil-grade Samsung Tab A and last time I was there it was accurate. I also have taken photos of the latest posted maps at the trail heads of several parks and saved them to my BOOKS app on my iPhone, which gives me a backup in case I lose the tablet for some reason. I am an old backpacker and do OK with maps and compass. most of the area parks carry paper maps for purchase (used to be $4) or give you access to a Maplet. Not a bad idea to have that app loaded before you leave the house.
I'll check that one out man, thank you. Ill see if I can screen shot some of it as well.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts