Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon Can-Am fam! I'll be heading to Tennessee next weekend from Texas for a week. We'll be staying in Monterey and plan on checking out Windrock and also Ride Royal Blue while we are there. Seeing if anyone has tips or recommendations for 1st timers. We have done some trials in OK, AR, and here in TX. Can't wait to check it out and seeing if there are some must do's and don't. It'll be my wife and I and our best friends (rzr 1000) both running 32's I have a winch the basic trail recovery and tools.
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are doing Windrock, and Royal Blue you will need more than a week. Have a blast and be ready for the muddy loose rocks! Arguably the best wheeling back East.
Oh no kidding! Which one would you say is the better of the 2? That way we can start there. We have 3 days for sure for parks but 4 if needed!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I will do tackket,royal blue,sundquist,is all in same place and better scenery.dont forget primroy arch trail most people forget. Windrock for another trip.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whats your riding style and how difficult of obstacles do you like?
As far riding style goes unfortunately down here in Houston it's primarily mud parks but we've done a few mountain/rock crawling places as well. We went to the Ozarks in Arkansas last year and that was amazing! Definitely wouldn't say a noobie by any stretch but we don't have those conditions in our backyard.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will do tackket,royal blue,sundquist,is all in same place and better scenery.dont forget primroy arch trail most people forget. Windrock for another trip.
Dang that good there huh! Maybe we'll start there and then go to Windrock to compare. Being that far from home(14hrs) we try to hit 2 main locations and compare. We try and check out a different state each year so I'd like to see both.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You need to spend a day at Brimstone. At WR you need to ride Waldens Ridge.
Are you camping or looking for places? Are y'all map readers or do you have a tablet? Are your rides street legal?
Oh yeh, see you next year lol.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You need to spend a day at Brimstone. At WR you need to ride Waldens Ridge.
Are you camping or looking for places? Are y'all map readers or do you have a tablet? Are your rides street legal?
Oh yeh, see you next year lol.
I'll look that one up bud! We booked an airbnb in Monterey about an hour and half away. That way we can do a couple days in Nashville as well. So I have alltrails and my buddy with the RZR has Ride Command GPS. They are street legal here in our town but no blinkers.
Yall coming to Texas next year?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you ride Devil's Elbow do it on the last day, don't want to ruin the rest of the trip. If a cruise is desirable you can ride to the old Brushy Mountain Prison and have lunch there. There are tons of videos that you can see areas at WR. I believe Southern Land Riders has some of the best videos for WR. Also be aware when you ride here that a rain storm changes the difficulty rating one or two levels as they get slick.... especially the rutted ones!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I'll look that one up bud! We booked an airbnb in Monterey about an hour and half away. That way we can do a couple days in Nashville as well. So I have alltrails and my buddy with the RZR has Ride Command GPS. They are street legal here in our town but no blinkers.
Yall coming to Texas next year?
Waldens Ridge is a great trail and highly recommended if you want to go slow and live on the edge, but you’re probably going to eat up a few hours doing it, especially if you’re 5:30 club.

Sky Plant Cloud Mountain Bedrock

Cloud Sky Plant Plant community Wood

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you ride Devil's Elbow do it on the last day, don't want to ruin the rest of the trip. If a cruise is desirable you can ride to the old Brushy Mountain Prison and have lunch there. There are tons of videos that you can see areas at WR. I believe Southern Land Riders has some of the best videos for WR. Also be aware when you ride here that a rain storm changes the difficulty rating one or two levels as they get slick.... especially the rutted ones!
Man that sounds great! Can you take certain trails and get to Brushy Mtn Prison or is it all roadways? Definitely want to check it out!

·
Registered
348 Posts
We are headed to TN this year as well. What is a good tire recommendation for the terrain? We ride mostly Hatfield and McCoy and was wondering if we would be into the same terrain in TN.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
We are headed to TN this year as well. What is a good tire recommendation for the terrain? We ride mostly Hatfield and McCoy and was wondering if we would be into the same terrain in TN.
Our group had Zilla stickies, ITP Terrahooks, ITP Versa Cross, and Carnivores. All tires performed well. I also ride HMT.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts