Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,I’m new to the SXS world with my purchase of a used 2013 1000R and I looove it.

Spent the weekend installing a Razorback belt gauge, MTX sound bar, UHF radio and fixing the led light bar. However I'm stumped on this one...

When I turn the key on to “lights” the inner, lower pair of headlights come on only. The hi/low beam rocker switch is a 3 position switch, not sure if this is original or not or why it has 3 positions. When I move this switch from centre to up or down nothing happens to the headlights, however the green arrows/turn indicator illuminates on the dash cluster. My machine does not have blinkers/turn indicators and doesn’t appear ever to have had them.
I’ve researched the forum’s and haven’t found an answer, I’ve also cleaned/checked the rocker switch in question.

Appreciate any light you can shed on the situation.

Pics attached.

IMG_5278.JPG IMG_5266.JPG

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
It should just be two positions. If they get wet, they like not to work. My reverse override is like that too. It's permanently in override even though it springs back.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Slightly off-topic, but I have not had a reason to remove any of the rocker switches as yet. However, I do want to move where my light bar switch is. To remove one of those, do you go in from behind and squeeze the tabs top and bottom and extract from the front? Seems like a silly question... :serious:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's it exactly Bitslayer, they come out quite easily.

So, does low beam just turn on 2 of the head lights and high beam turns all 4 on?

Will the OEM 2 selector switch fix the indicator/blinker lights coming?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts