Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is HCR the only ones with Long Travel? I can't seem to find anyone else that makes LT for the mavs yet.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Lsr builds some badass stuff. I ran their +8 kit on my rzr1.

I live a 3 miles from them and could stop by and borrow your Lt kit to make sure it works before you get it. Haha

·
Registered
88 Posts
AReed, do you have a price on the LT, and do you revalve and spring the stock shocks to fit this? I assume it would be different shock setup than your regular revalve?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AReed, do you have a price on the LT, and do you revalve and spring the stock shocks to fit this? I assume it would be different shock setup than your regular revalve?
They offer Kings with the set so I assume the stock fox will not work or not work very well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
They offer Kings with the set so I assume the stock fox will not work or not work very well.
The HCR kit comes with Kings, I think the LSR kit is designed for stock shocks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
HCR comes with Kings there the same lenght as the stock Fox2.5s but the kings that are in the kit are set up with a stiffer spring rate and better valving. u shouldnt really run the stock shocks on a long travel set-up no matter the brand. the leverage point is increased with the longer arms and it will just over power ur stock shocks, it could ride fine at slow crawling speeds. But it will most likly bottom out over alot of bumps at higher speeds.
hope that made sense

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
HCR comes with Kings there the same lenght as the stock Fox2.5s but the kings that are in the kit are set up with a stiffer spring rate and better valving. u shouldnt really run the stock shocks on a long travel set-up no matter the brand. the leverage point is increased with the longer arms and it will just over power ur stock shocks, it could ride fine at slow crawling speeds. But it will most likly bottom out over alot of bumps at higher speeds.
hope that made sense
I would think LSR has their shit together and have new springs and valving specs added with the kit or optional.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would think LSR has their shit together and have new springs and valving specs added with the kit or optional.
I do not know of or heard when the LSR kit will be realest or wat the kit will include. for wat the HCR kit inludes im assuming LSR will havea similar amount of goodies in the box

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do not know of or heard when the LSR kit will be realest or wat the kit will include. for wat the HCR kit inludes im assuming LSR will havea similar amount of goodies in the box
LSR's kit does come with matched shocks. I am in the process of ordering one of the first ones. I can't wait!

·
Registered
44 Posts
hope that made sense
Being that the XRS comes stock with 2.5's, if the KING 2.5's in their LT kit are the same compressed/ext length as the OEM Fox, there is no reason the OEM Fox 2.5's could not be tuned/resprung to work.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you use valving to stiffen the suspension instead of spring you over work the fluids. Fluid gets hot and the shocks fade. Just send your suspension to FCR Suspension and call it good.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts