Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They had UTV races on a pretty tough track. Tons of Polaris and Can Am, the only Arctic Cats literally were used to drive handicapped people around the grounds....I could not make this up if I tried. Why are there so few cats racing jokes aside? Anyway, they had a XP1K class and I have to admit I was impressed. They did a nice job. It was a short track so I could not tell who was winning or why...just saw some pretty cool races. I guess the races will show on CBS sports sometime. I got some clips that I will share once I combine them of the XP1K's.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
All bs aside. Alex races and treavis race both have stated that the cats can't make a full race without breaking down, so the drivers i would assume,wanted to be in something that would at least get them to the finish(can am & Polaris). Can't wait to see the vids

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
oh great wait till txchris see's this!

:)

Reactions: SheRides

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, I was using my iPhone so I did a bunch of clips....it isn't great but hope you guys enjoy. I filmed the XP1K's.

My impression from what I saw was it was a solid machine. They beat the hell out of them in the stock classes and not one broke down. The suspension was very impressive....stock to stock on the Maverick the Rzr 1000 appears much better to me. Now, I am not sitting here saying I am a Polaris convert, I'm not. I've beat the crap out of my Mav and it asks for more. I do not think the Polaris is worth 20k, and I believe with some suspension work with Alex....the Maverick could be closer from what I've read here. I got my XRS for 15k out the door, 5k is a lot of improvements that could be spent...6k if you include tax to be fair. But I think the Rzr 1000 is a heck of a machine nonetheless.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Alright, I was using my iPhone so I did a bunch of clips....it isn't great but hope you guys enjoy. I filmed the XP1K's.

My impression from what I saw was it was a solid machine. They beat the hell out of them in the stock classes and not one broke down. The suspension was very impressive....stock to stock on the Maverick the Rzr 1000 appears much better to me. Now, I am not sitting here saying I am a Polaris convert, I'm not. I've beat the crap out of my Mav and it asks for more. I do not think the Polaris is worth 20k, and I believe with some suspension work with Alex....the Maverick could be closer from what I've read here. I got my XRS for 15k out the door, 5k is a lot of improvements that could be spent...6k if you include tax to be fair. But I think the Rzr 1000 is a heck of a machine nonetheless.
Looks like a 6-pack of lawn darts to me

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
is that a bad jump or do the new xp1's jump like shit ?

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
What was that big jump in center? Just wonder if they had that dude doin backflips in the maverick as a halftime show

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
A guy/buddy that I race with just ran UTVRR this weekend and he broke on the 2nd lap. He still has NOT completed a race in his last 2 years of racing a Wildcat.

·
Registered
998 Posts
A maverick with clutches, tie rods and some suspension tuning is one hell of a machine that the majority of ppl will never ride to its full potential

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Dude I remember that guy. He was nuts!!! Really fun to watch. He was clearing that flat top jump and landing at the bottom. I was too amazed to film that crazy bastard. :) He was utterly fearless. Are they driving their own machines are are they given them? I guess it's easier to beat them if you are sponsored? He was a heck of a driver.

Btw what he was doing to his machine, I don't thing a tank would have survived.

As for the jumps in the middle? They had cycles and quads doing aerials between sessions. They had some pretty damn good guys there too. It was stuff like you'd see on xgames. And slednecks and sledheads were there, pretty cool to see them just walking around.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Here is another different one then last night this is the other side lol he hit a rock lol

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
image.jpg This one was on its side, on 2 wheels and he tried to get it back on 4 and the tie rod end snapped. After they flipped it back on four, he put it in reverse and finished it off. Not to impressed with the durability of a 20K vehicle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts