Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 2013 maverick xrs 1000, was a previous rzr xp 900 owner and now riding the maverick, so far i like it... have a few questions for anyone with first hand information... i just bought a 2014 maverick xrs and will pick it up this weekend.

first question is should this 2014 already have the clutch stud recall done? or is it possible that it needs it done still??

next question is i see on the parts microfish that they show two clutch covers, one with an extra vent hole? they only list one part number though, same part number as 2013? any one know why? and should my 2014 have the added vent?

NUMBER ONE QUESTION... what is with the belt part numbers?? what belt number should these come with? i bought a belt for a spare and it was a part number that ended in 302 i think dealer said it would fit all can am atv and side by side, i questioned that but he assured me it was the right one... i called another dealer and they said that 302 was the right belt but there was a heavy duty belt offered that ended in part number 212, they said that it comes with a 302 though... i looked up the parts fish and it listed the 212 belt?? which one should i have and which one should be on it from the factory?? any answers would be appreciated...

also the rzr's made lots of small changes every year that were not advertised such as carrier bearing, suspension geometry, motor mounts, and such.. does any one know if there were any changes made to the 2014 compared the the 2013?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm confused. Your first paragraph says you bought and are riding a 2013 maverick. It says you also bought a 2014, is that correct? You have 2? Yes the 2014 will have an added vent in the CVT cover. The 212 is the factory replacement belt. Someone posted on a thread that the original belt is a different number than a replacement belt for tracking purposes only, but they are suppose to be exactly the same.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I thought the 4 seater only got the extra vent.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i have a 2013 xrs 1000 i have about 750 miles on it, i did order a 2014 xrs mainly because the wife likes the white and black a lot better than the yellow...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the belt that the dealer sold me is a part number 715000302, the belt that the can am parts list calls for ends in part number 212

·
Registered
664 Posts
The 302 belt is the wrong belt. The Mavericks come with a 364 belt. The direct replacement belt is 212.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
that belt will work just wont last as long ,

the 212 is oem replacement

364 is what comes shipped from factory and what part # they sell to there race companies only , why idk , lol they say for tracking how many belts the racers use ,

yes the 2014 cvt cover has a added vent cover,

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. Only question left is should all of the 2014 have the clutch stud Installed already or do you think they could have been assembled before the recall? Should I pull mine apart to check?

·
Registered
998 Posts
nope, but the only way to make sure is by pulling the clutch cover and see if theirs a nut instead of a bolt on the primary

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
the dealer should be able to tell u if the vin # had it hopefully

·
Registered
368 Posts
After seeing some problems with the commander and Maverick when delivered I'll just check over all bolts including the clutches when i get my new one. If nothing else a piece of mind....a few had primary bolt issues as well as the bolt on the front driveshaft spline not being tight....

Sent from the turbo of my Duramax

1 - 12 of 12 Posts