Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Reviving an old thread.... are the trails at Brown still pretty rough and slow for a Maverick? I have been there YEARS ago on a Honda CR500 but I am sure it has changed.

Friends are wanting to go up next weekend and I would like to go, but don't want to tear up the Maverick. And going slow for 3 hour trails does not sound like my thing.

Any updates?

·
Hickory, NC
2,966 Posts
After the fire this spring, Icepick and I went to Brown and had a great day. They opened up 9 & 10 for SXS. It was actually still smoldering on trail 9 and the forestry service was letting us ride around them while they were working. They took the lil dozer
All the way around it and these are my favorite trails now. That nasty rock climb on 9 has a road around it now for the unskilled drivers and the rock decent on 10 has been changed too
The biggest news was on 4 where they placed all those blocks! They are interlocking concrete shapes designed to stop erosion and are almost like pavement in the woods. Somebody spent some time installing all that!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thanks for the update! Sounds like it might be fun. Oh, btw... I have an XXC and it has lower clearance. Got a boost with the CT suspension upgrades but still lower!

Now I have to get my truck out of the body shop before Friday (hail storm turned it and my CTS into golf balls).

·
Hickory, NC
2,966 Posts
Thanks for the update! Sounds like it might be fun. Oh, btw... I have an XXC and it has lower clearance. Got a boost with the CT suspension upgrades but still lower!

Now I have to get my truck out of the body shop before Friday (hail storm turned it and my CTS into golf balls).
Oh no!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Got the car back and it is back to excellent condition! $5500+ damage! Truck is probably worst!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts