Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I seen some old coot doing that with his Rhino (Kerry)...lol. It looks funny as hell, but his lil ol Rhino would eventualy climb most anything.

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Registered
170 Posts
Barb... Run 8 paddle Skat Trak extremes in the rear and buffs up front. You don't need paddles, razor backs or anything else up front. You don't need any more rear paddle than that unless your turbo'd or totally tricked out power wise. Get the big ones (26" I think) & you will haul ass and love the ride.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Barb... Run 8 paddle Skat Trak extremes in the rear and buffs up front. You don't need paddles, razor backs or anything else up front. You don't need any more rear paddle than that unless your turbo'd or totally tricked out power wise. Get the big ones (26" I think) & you will haul ass and love the ride.
this is what I run but in 25'' and my mav scoots !

·
Registered
95 Posts
You mean like this?

And for those who are about to get bent out of shape saying it's over paddled etc etc understand that the sand down here is completely different than anything on the West coast, Little Sahara, etc. Ran them this weekend and it did great. So much so that the guy they were bought from was out there with his XP with rear paddles/front smoothies and said he'll be ordering a set of front paddles again this week because it didn't pull as hard as the front/rear combo.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Looks good, i have a friend that run comp cut paddles front and rear. I have asked him to post some of his videos. The sand condictions makes a big difference. One thing to think about is the guys in Iceland run paddles front of rear, so run what you think works.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ild say it all depends on you driving style, and where you want to take you rig. I was in Winchester Bay last July and came across 2 XP's with STU's F/R. Saw them drop down this hill (Tree chute) turn around and power up. The video doesn't do justice for the steepness of the hill.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looks good, i have a friend that run comp cut paddles front and rear. I have asked him to post some of his videos. The sand condictions makes a big difference. One thing to think about is the guys in Iceland run paddles front of rear, so run what you think works.
Sand conditions make a huge difference, here the sand is super heavy and not very deep. Basically if you have the power to turn them without bogging down then you can benefit from the extra paddles. There's not much of a concern about digging down since there's about a 6" layer of loose sand then it's a little harder packed sand under that. You think then front/rear combo is overpaddled? You should see some of these drag bikes running around here, 13-15 paddles is the norm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts