Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put harnesses in my Maverick. I am wondering what my best option for a 4 point harness that doesn't have the shoulder straps sewn to the lap belt. I want it to stay easy to get my seats out. Looking around, all I have seen have had the shoulder straps sewn to the lap belt. Thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pro Armor has a version with the non sewn in lap belt. Another option is to rig up a quick disconnect on the harness bar.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Problem solved.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I use Mastercraft 3" 5 points. No complaints and they were under a 100 each. I bought shoulder pads for them after a couple of trips.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andy,
Are those 50mm long eye bolts in a 1-1/2" DOM tubing harness bar? I was looking at setting mine up in a similar manner. I just don't like a bolt that is only flush with the nut... by rights there should be at least 2 threads sticking out of the nut. Maybe I'll just fab up a harness bar with some tabs welded on to hook the harnesses to. 50mm is the longest eye bolts that are safety rated that I have been able to find online.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am leaning towards the Dragonfire harnesses... they look comfortable. anyone got 'em? likes or dislikes about them? I like the idea of just snapping them off the harness bar to take the seats out.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I am leaning towards the Dragonfire harnesses... they look comfortable. anyone got 'em? likes or dislikes about them? I like the idea of just snapping them off the harness bar to take the seats out.
You can pick up the detachable mounts for around $5 each so don't base your choice over what brand has them in their pictures. Pick the harnesses you like and then just swap out the mounts with quick release mounts and your set.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heavy,
That was my plan. I think I am gonna make up a harness bar with tabs for the harness clips and weld it to my cage. The dragonfire harnesses just look like they have good padding and look like they will be nice and comfy for long rides. Too many options out there!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Agreed....but good for the consumer to have so many choices. I haven't personally seen the dragonfire ones up close so I can't comment. I have the Pro Armor ones and they are built really well. They were a bit stiff at first but have loosened up after a while.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dragon Fire harnesses are very nice. Rode the sand hills this last weekend and loved them. There is plenty of padding and they seemed to stay put as long as the lap belts were tight.

Kenny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Kenny. I think they are the route I am going to go.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Im running the Dragon Fire 5 point harness and really like them. Makes getting the seats out really easy and for nice easy rides can run just the lap belt and stick the shoulder straps behind the seat. If i new what an easy ride was lol

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, it looks like Santa will be stuffing some Dragonfire harnesses down the chimney this year... Ho Ho Ho! Thanks for all the input from everyone. Gonna have to make up a harness bar now.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
good deal.....post up some pics when you get it all done...

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will do. What are you guys that weld attachments to the factory cage using for touch up paint? I'd like to find something that blends in to touch up where I grind/weld.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I moved my harness bars and where they were mounted they scuffed up the cage bars pretty good. I actually used a can of spray on bed liner to touch it up and it is virtually impossible to see the difference. The texture matches really well.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice. I'll give it a try. Thanks

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
you bet...I can tell you the specific brand when I get home.

·
Registered
244 Posts
where did you find the quick releases for the belts to attach to the harness bar? I know some one posted it on here last week some where but i cant find them agan

1 - 20 of 29 Posts