Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a harness bar on yet? I was looking and it looked like the snorkels are right where most bars go.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Check out the one from Dragon fire....it mounts to the cross bar instead of the uprights like everyone else's.....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I was at the dealer getting my god son a helmet and asked if they had a harness bar in stock. So I bought a CanAm bar and it doesn't come close to working without moving the snorkel head. That knocks one off the list lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well got mine put on, not to bad I did have to remove the mounting bracket and change the angle to lower snorkel. It was easy to do just removed a screw pushed bracket down and put screw right back in hole that was already there.I plan on putting a trunk on so you will never see the tubes anyways.It is a turnkey bar. 20131223_135032.jpg 20131223_135228.jpg 20131223_134805.jpg 20131223_134825.jpg

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good there WOODY. I think I can make the BRP bar work just have to move the snorkels towards the back. I found some of my zip tie straps for the snorkels loose when messing with mine as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Woody, do you have a picture showing the clearance between the harness bar and intake (drivers side)? Does anyone else have a harness bar that they have had success with including a couple pictures? I'll mention I have a mild case of OCD.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The only one that will work without having to change a thing is from CT, carolina truggies...Alex Reed...he is on here. It even comes with the clips. Installed mine this weekend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, sorry for bring up this old thread. I bought a used set of dragonfire harnesses and harness bar and I am having the same issue. The intake or whatever it is right behind the driver seat is in the way of installing the bar. Just wondering if someone has a solution without buying a new bar. '14 Xmr fyi... Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Hi, sorry for bring up this old thread. I bought a used set of dragonfire harnesses and harness bar and I am having the same issue. The intake or whatever it is right behind the driver seat is in the way of installing the bar. Just wondering if someone has a solution without buying a new bar. '14 Xmr fyi... Thanks for any help!
Pictures will help us see the situation a little better

1 - 18 of 18 Posts