Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of pics of people mounting their harnesses low enough that it would be below the line of your shoulder.

This is dangerous as it can compress your spine during a hard impact. It's against pretty much every sanctioned motorsports rules for this reason.

Just thought I would mention it as some may not know this. Make sure your bar is mounted high enough to keep the harness mounting point slightly above the height of your shoulders!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Maybe a dumb question but is it safer to be higher, since I am quite a bit taller than my fiancé so if it is above my shoulders it would be quite high on her.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A higher angle is no issue.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think one thing to consider is the harness pass through height in the stock seat. It's rather high. I think a lower mounting point would work fine since there's no risk of the seat belt being pulled below this height, as there's a horizontal steel bar in the seat frame under the foam rubber cushion. For someone tall enough with a shoulder height above this point it would be a problem, but for people about 6'1" and under your shoulder would be even or below the pass through.

I completely agree with where it normally would be, but the high pass through location completely changes the geometry of the photo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts