Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy, not sure if this is right but is the location okay on this? Never did a bar before so wasn't sure. My first thought was to mount it on the first bar facing backwards but it just seemed like the fitment was off. Fit a lot better on second bar. Seems when I threw the straps through, they were right there with the bar. Good or bad? Called it a night for now.

bar.jpg

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't know how picture got turned! My iphone software upgraded yesterday and I hate it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've seen that style in ads and they show it both ways Rear bar facing forward or front bar going back.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
think it matters though?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Probably not but since its a safety item it wouldn't hurt to call the manufacturer to double check.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I like your way better. Not next to the passengers head to bonk off of in a violent rollover (God forbid).
Edit... Never mind... Saw another angle but still like it that way.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Utv bar

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
look like the sane design. if they fit, it will be fine...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the rear net Sprinks. I like it and it should help keep me clean.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the bar changed around like I originally wanted. Go to go now.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not really a tip on installing harness and screen. That was about having a screen or not.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My rear screen came in and am a little confused as to how it will mount with Pro Armour harnesses.Can it be done w/o cutting slits in the net?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Unfortunately it can't. I tried to put the net on the back side of the cage and it just didn't fit right so I put it on the way it was intended and cut slots. Hopefully it won't start tearing where I cut it.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Make sure u cut it in the solid piece of plastic. Then take a lighter and carefully run it up and down your cuts. Should burn off any lose ends and melt any fiber left.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I placed my seats in and marked mine. 11/2 down from solid plastic is my center of cuts. From the center of my seats I went a 1 3/4 to starting point. Then measured 6 more inches. I left some play for movement if necessary movement. My cut was 3/4 wide up and down. Confused now!

·
Registered
394 Posts
So you cut a rectangle out of the plastic? I just cut a slit and passed the belts through. I like your idea better. Less of a chance of it spreading/tearing....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts