Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to make a decision on which harness to buy 2" or 3" and 4 point or 5 from what I have read 3 " will rub on your neck. Pro armor has pockets for a phone and a led light? Thanks Woody

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
To be honest i have the pro armor 3 inch there nice but i wished i would have went with the 2 inch wide it would be more comfortable around the neck and shoulder area. I would get a 5 point cause the 5 point holds it down around your waist. The lap belt. With the 4 it rides up your gut.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just ended up stealing 4, prp 5.2 harnesses from ebay for 60 bucks each, once I get then I will do a review on them, I did some research and ppl liked the prp harness's

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yeah I love my PRP 3" 5 points. Tried several companies before these and these are hands down the most comfortable and sturdy feeling. The strap releases work good and easy to tighten once you get strapped in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
We've used 2" and and the 3" harnesses, the 3" do have a tendency to run your neck but sometime its nice to have the 3" strap because it spreads the load better in harsh terrain. We run Pro Armor and PRP harnesses here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was trying to make the same decision. I ended up going with pro armor 3". They are really good but if I had to do over again I would go with 2" instead. I would probably go with auto buckle instead of latch also. Passengers can ever seem to figure out the latch & link.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
How big are the PRP harnesses? I'm a big guy who needs plenty of adjustment.

Reactions: rich1s

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've noticed 5 point harnesses on e bay for about$60 bucks.has anyone tried them or know anything about them? Would they work for the maverick?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'd look for something that is STI approved - that means it passes for racing applications.
I look at safety this way, why the hell would you ever want to cut corners on something that may need to protect your life ?? Why the hell do people trust the stock car style seat belts!!
back in the day when I worked at the store level, I'd have customers (industrial) come in and ask about safety glasses - I'd go over and try to get them to try them on to see what fit best, and most of the time they'd just one the cheapest they could find.
Eyeballs, arms, legs, YOUR LIFE........ are not replaceable.
not to sound like a dick, but spend the money on proper safety equipment, your life may depend on it.
take it from someone who HAS been airlifted out of the desert, you dress for the crash, not for the ride.

·
Registered
236 Posts
2" 4 points here. 5th helps hold down the lap but after you know to cinch the lap belt before the shoulders youre ok.

sent from the top of China Wall

·
Registered
231 Posts
Got simpson D3, extremely comfortable, and they come with the 5th point strap which Is optional to use, I don't feel the need. The shoulder strap and lap strap are fixed together via there proprietary buckle ,3 inch, checkem out !

From ' The Land Down Under ' .

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'd look for something that is STI approved - that means it passes for racing applications.
I look at safety this way, why the hell would you ever want to cut corners on something that may need to protect your life ?? Why the hell do people trust the stock car style seat belts!!
back in the day when I worked at the store level, I'd have customers (industrial) come in and ask about safety glasses - I'd go over and try to get them to try them on to see what fit best, and most of the time they'd just one the cheapest they could find.
Eyeballs, arms, legs, YOUR LIFE........ are not replaceable.
not to sound like a dick, but spend the money on proper safety equipment, your life may depend on it.
take it from someone who HAS been airlifted out of the desert, you dress for the crash, not for the ride.
This is why I asked.I'm not worried about spending the money just don't want to if I don't have to.I've just noticed some places put for specific manufacturer then bump the price.
I checked the listing they say sfi 16.1 certified.not sure what that means.

·
Registered
317 Posts
3" 5 points for me. 2" made my shoulders sore because they concentrated too much force in too small of an area on my shoulder when running through the rough stuff at high speeds. I also think padded harnesses are a must have. Make sure they have a high quality latch as well. A little sand or dust gets into the cheaper ones and they are a bitch to unlatch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the Pro Armor 3" 4 point harness in my ride. I debated on the 2" or 3" for weeks , but i went the that and happy i did. I feel more secure with the wider belts and the padding on them are thick and comfortable. Also with the cell phone pouch and the must have round led light....man i can see again lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
3" shoulder straps but I dont run them thru the seat. I run them on the outside of the seat so they go over my shoudler/collarbone much better and dont rub my neck.My aftermarket seats have sew in straps to hold the belt in place. I also recomend 5 pts instead of only 4pt, because the 5th pt holds the lap belt in place when you cinch down your shoulder straps.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Got simpson G3s, extremely comfortable, and they come with the 5th point strap which Is optional to use, I don't feel the need. The shoulder strap and lap strap are fixed together via there proprietary buckle ,3 inch, checkem out !
Couldn't find Simpson G3 but found D3. Probably the one. Does anybody know of any others where the 5th point strap is optional to use?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts