Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped off at the can-am\Polaris\Honda dealer yesterday on my way home. We were just checking out the scenery and I spotted an xp 1000. So I walk on over to it and start to check it out. Good looking ride, huge tires, front and rear bumpers stock...everything looks pretty nice on it. Then I get in the seat.....all I can say is I am so happy I bought a maverick instead. the xp 1000 seat was terribly uncomfortable to me. Im not a big guy and the seat felt like it was way to narrow and hard. Not bashing the xp at all...looks like a great machine, just not the one for me.
So happy I bought the maverick.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I sure hope I made the right choice with the Maverick, but I sure as hell couldn't justify spending 20k+ on a XP1k. Just wish I didn't need to spend 2-3k to get it the way I want it and the way it should be.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I sure hope I made the right choice with the Maverick, but I sure as hell couldn't justify spending 20k+ on a XP1k. Just wish I didn't need to spend 2-3k to get it the way I want it and the way it should be.
It's gonna cost you one way or the other. At least you didn't have to pay $20k and then fix it up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The more I ride in my 1k the more I hate the seats. They are hard and feels like im leaning forward but I had twisted Stitch seats in my old rzr so most seats suck in comparison.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Bumpers don't come with the xp1k. They are add ons.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Sitting in my maverick is like sitting in a piece of filletmingon! My rhino was like sitting on beef jerky

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Sitting in my maverick is like sitting in a piece of filletmingon! My rhino was like sitting on beef jerky
Teriyaki beef jerky?? Lol. I agree playdoh. Quite a nice machine...I'm not impartial at all ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Had mine for a year now with 0 problems other than self inflicted. Still very happy,the big brown truck is still wearing out ruts in my driveway maybe I need therapy ?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I did not know that. The one they had out there on the floor had front and rear bumpers..so I assumed that's how it came.
they like to do that and tell u about the $$ later lol

they want u to fall in love with it as it is first ,

·
Registered
256 Posts
they like to do that and tell u about the $$ later lol

they want u to fall in love with it as it is first ,
Yup mine had doors, rear net, windshield, etc. They actually uninstalled stuff from mine since it was their last leftover, and I didn't want to pay for all the extras.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
The more I ride in my 1k the more I hate the seats. They are hard and feels like im leaning forward but I had twisted Stitch seats in my old rzr so most seats suck in comparison.
I agree. The stock seats in my XP1000 are not great. They had the right idea, just not the best foam. Good news is I don't care what happens to them. I am going to upgrade this summer. I really liked my twisted stitch seats in my rhino.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The Maverick gets even more comfortable when you change the stock seats. I installed some PRP Can-Am seats and it almost like sitting in a recliner in front
of the TV.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts