Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Handgun Mount for Mav?

19K views 49 replies 34 participants last post by  Sooner 
#1 ·
Hey guys - has anyone figured out a safe/reasonable way to keep a handgun accessible in their Mav? I have run into some crazy stuff when I've been riding in the middle of nowhere in AZ and I prefer to travel with a handgun when I'm off the beaten trail. I just used a thigh holster in my old Tomcar, but the interior of the Mav makes it harder to use that setup. I would like a safe/secure way to mount a holster inside the machine. Anyone figured this one out? I could have sworn I saw a picture of someone who did earlier, but I can't find it for the life of me now. Thanks…

#36 ·
If you are sure you want to put the pistol in your PRP bag, I suggest you find someone local with an industrial sewing machine and have them sew in some HD Velcro along the back wall of the bag. Check Maxpedition for a universal Velcro pistol sheath and you will be all set. It’s sturdy enough to handle the bouncing and easy access if you need it.

#37 ·
I still can’t find a reasonable spot for my pistol, unless I can do a turret mount above the gps, but the magazine would be in the way most of the time.

On a serious note, my glock (the only glock I own) goes in a clinger holster in the glove box. It can bounce all over and I don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#45 ·
I got a mount system from the Amazon I think
Made by Kolpin
Auto part Helmet Personal protective equipment Vehicle Subcompact car

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#46 ·
NOT a fan of having a handgun anywhere other than on my body, however hip/appendix or any other waist mounted carry can get very uncomfortable, very quickly. A riding buddy of mine uses a chest rig and while I wouldn't use something like that normally, in any type of mounted riding (buggy, horse, quad, etc.) it definitely makes sense. The Kenai rig is highly recommended and rated although there's plenty other similar rigs available...

Kenai pistol chest rig/Amazon listing

Reactions: AZ Off Road
#47 ·
We have his and her VP9s. They usually stay in the toy hauler. But if we ever brought them along, they'd go in the door bag. We're usually picking mud and dirt out of our teeth by the time we return to the toy hauler. So, I'll sacrifice draw speed to avoid having to clean our guns after each ride. Besides, I figure the dueling banjos will give me plenty of forewarning.

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Airsoft

#48 ·
We have his and her VP9s. They usually stay in the toy hauler. But if we ever brought them along, they'd go in the door bag. We're usually picking mud and dirt out of our teeth by the time we return to the toy hauler. So, I'll sacrifice draw speed to avoid having to clean our guns after each ride. Besides, I figure the dueling banjos will give me plenty of forewarning.
Where I'm at on the southwest border in Arizona on the international boundary, dueling banjos are the least of our worries; cartels running dope armed with AKs is more like it and when we off road, pistols are just to get us to our long guns; don't go anywhere without those and a whole bunch of water, especially this time of year!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.