Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - has anyone figured out a safe/reasonable way to keep a handgun accessible in their Mav? I have run into some crazy stuff when I've been riding in the middle of nowhere in AZ and I prefer to travel with a handgun when I'm off the beaten trail. I just used a thigh holster in my old Tomcar, but the interior of the Mav makes it harder to use that setup. I would like a safe/secure way to mount a holster inside the machine. Anyone figured this one out? I could have sworn I saw a picture of someone who did earlier, but I can't find it for the life of me now. Thanks…

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
Get a holster that's secure and screw it to the side panel. Done.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I picked up a Serpa Blackhawk belt mount holster with retention - for a Glock 9mm. Most of them are the same and allow for longer barrels, so my Glock 17 and 26 both fit in it. It's mounted under the steering wheel where the dash rolls down. I got a left hand holster, and access it by right hand. the holster mounts to the belt loop with 3 screws. I just removed them, marked up the dash, and bolted it on from under the dash. I'll take some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Sheesh, must be nice to live in AZ....street legal ATV/UTV's, open carry guns, etc... :smile:

IDEA: How about a Blackhawk Serpa holster attached under dash area or glove box somewhere????

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
Sheesh, must be nice to live in AZ....street legal ATV/UTV's, open carry guns, etc... :smile:

IDEA: How about a Blackhawk Serpa holster attached under dash area or glove box somewhere????
How about an Axia Alloy roll bar clamp and mount it overhead. Here in AZ we can show off our Toyz. Lol

·
Registered
403 Posts
Here's one of the holsters with the belt loop still mounted. Couldn't find a pic of the holster by itself.

Stolen from Google...

·
Banned
546 Posts
I have a few place that sell them but there not supporting vendors so I am afraid to post there name

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

Thats why when i retire im moving there. Been looking at houses for a while now. Cant wait

·
Registered
548 Posts
I always have a .357 on my hip, but it is hard to get at when buckled in. I have a retention holster for my HKP2000 that I was planning to rivet to the console. It's tough... I have a pistol for every day of the month, so I'd like to have some more options. I have also thought of riveting a piece of belt with a buckle to the console so I can change out holsters and pistols. I'm big on variety with my firearms. Probably going to make some sort of rifle mount overhead attached to the cage too. One can never be too armed!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I usually just carry the LCP in my pocket.

I do like the Serpa retention mount. I use one in my Jeep...
Always happy to see an XD over a Glock! I love the XD/XDM platform. Built lots of custom ones! I like to mount mine down by my right leg... out of sight, and quick to access.

·
Registered
548 Posts
nice shooter! you might be on to something with a steering wheel mount! How do you like that Alien IWB holster? Looks a lot like a crossbreed, but like 1/3 the cost. I liked the looks of them, but was curious about comfort. I carry all day every day. If I am wearing pants, I am wearing a pistol, so I'm big on comfort!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I always carry mine on me , either small belt holster or shoulder holster setup .

we stop and refresh ourselves alot , talk to other people we meet out on the trails .

So just not comfortable leaving mine in rig, plus i like it CLOSE at all times .

Just a plus, is less dust, mud or whatever gets on it since its covered .

H&K 40 cal

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a 5.11 MOAB 10 sling backpack. Has real quick access to the gun. I buckle it to the harness bar. That way if I walk away from the mav I take it with me. Also I can use it if I jump on y dirtbike instead.

·
Registered
367 Posts

smith and Wesson shield in 9mm inside the waistband at all times,
always be prepared...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts